LX570 Snokel (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

raincityrider

Go'n Fast and Take'n Chances Since the 70's
SILVER Star
Threads
So I had the pleasure of hydro-locking my engine on Xmas eve last year. I just got it back from TorFab and they did an amazing job of bringing my baby back to like. But after this experience I want to get a snorkel. My issue is I really hate the way many of the snorkels on the market look.

I have found 2 options I like the look of;
Telawei LC200 Snorkel 4WD Snorkel kits - https://www.tlv4x4.com/product--id-6109.html
&
Monster Service https://monsterservice.pro/shop/cars/lexus-lx570/aerodynamic-snorkel-lexus-lx570-2007-2015/

The Telawei is way cheaper but they don't say it will fit an LX570 only LC200. So are the quarter panels that different?

The Monster one says it works. But it is super expensive and I only know of one person that has one and it sounds like it was a major hassle to get it from Russia where the company is based. And their FB reviews mirror this issue.

Any advice or guidance would be appreciated.

So I had the pleasure of hydro-locking my engine on Xmas eve last year. I just got it back from TorFab and they did an amazing job of bringing my baby back to like. But after this experience I want to get a snorkel. My issue is I really hate the way many of the snorkels on the market look.

I have found 2 options I like the look of;
Telawei LC200 Snorkel 4WD Snorkel kits - https://www.tlv4x4.com/product--id-6109.html
&
Monster Service Aerodynamic snorkel Lexus LX570 2007-2015 for LEXUS LX570 - Monsterservice - https://monsterservice.pro/shop/cars/lexus-lx570/aerodynamic-snorkel-lexus-lx570-2007-2015/

The Telawei is way cheaper but they don't say it will fit an LX570 only LC200. So are the quarter panels that different?

The Monster one says it works. But it is super expensive and I only know of one person that has one and it sounds like it was a major hassle to get it from Russia where the company is based. And their FB reviews mirror this issue.

Any advice or guidance would be appreciated.

Monster is the only one I like as well, but i don’t think it even fits my panels. I think if I were you id go TJM. Or do one of the many straight pipe options, but i would never trust one of those.

Monster is the only one I like as well, but i don’t think it even fits my panels. I think if I were you id go TJM. Or do one of the many straight pipe options, but i would never trust one of those.
I just want it to fit right and TJM doesn't say theirs will fit an LX.

The Tjm fit is fine. It could be better, for example, getting a piece of sticky rubber like arb uses in their install would hide any and all little gaps from the sheet metal difference of the fender. Which I’m is pretty sure why that rubber base exists in the arb kit to begin with.

I live under a pine tree and blow out needles a couple times a year. Nothing to fuss about.

image.jpg

The Tjm fit is fine. It could be better, for example, getting a piece of sticky rubber like arb uses in their install would hide any and all little gaps from the sheet metal difference of the fender. Which I’m is pretty sure why that rubber base exists in the arb kit to begin with.

I live under a pine tree and blow out needles a couple times a year. Nothing to fuss about.

View attachment 3285807
I might just order the Telawei and do a group buy. I need to order ten. Anyone interested?

I might just order the Telawei and do a group buy. I need to order ten. Anyone interested?

The picture on the site looks out of place. Do you have price/photos?

Why the Telawei? They're made in China and the page for the snorkel literally copy-pastes the wikipedia entry for "Land Cruiser". Doesn't exactly ignite my confidence.

I'd be interested in a group buy for the TJM if that's an option, however.

Why the Telawei? They're made in China and the page for the snorkel literally copy-pastes the wikipedia entry for "Land Cruiser". Doesn't exactly ignite my confidence.

I'd be interested in a group buy for the TJM if that's an option, however.
The look and price mainly. I like the way the telawei look. I'm not worried about made in China that ship has sailed 50% of all goods sold in the US come from China.

I don't love the look of the TJM and I haven't seen any one installing the TJM on an LX.

The picture on the site looks out of place. Do you have price/photos?
Unfortunately not. I was driving home from work and the road was flooded and is was way deeper on the pass side than I realized and filled the engine with a lot of water busted a piston rod. At least Insurance covered it. Was basically a wash for me besides the hassle.

Price is a little up in the air. I will have to pat duties and freight so $300-$500 to be safe. I'm gonna keep it as close to the low end as I can to rust split it with everyone. I have to order 10.

I had no idea I could get a sheet of foam for $20. I think I’ll retro fit my install.

Last edited:
The look and price mainly. I like the way the telawei look. I'm not worried about made in China that ship has sailed 50% of all goods sold in the US come from China.

I don't love the look of the TJM and I haven't seen any one installing the TJM on an LX.
Fair enough, but from my experience as a QA engineer there can be a large difference between a domestic company ordering product overseas (and monitoring for quality) and a chinese company manufacturing for export. I'd much sooner trust the former.

I know kwelhand has got a TJM on his LX that imho looks extremely clean.

yep, those got that 1/4" to 1/2" lower than mine. for future readers, don't red locktite the lugs in until you do a test fit with the big hole drilled.this allows for final positioning more accurately.

Hey bud,
I got my monster snorkel out (of Russia), 2 years before they invaded Ukraine. I would‘ve felt differently then if I knew they were gonna give Ukraine the shaft. It took a little over 2 months to get my order, out of Siberia, I believe. Honestly, I took a chance, although I did my research, ordering w/ them is like a stab in the dark
It’s been on my LC200 for 1 1/2 years now. I’m a DIY guy, and it took me a while dry testing it before I punched a hole in my front panel, and just like you, I hate the gaudy look of the other snorkels in the market.
Anyway, long story short, the snorkel absolutely keeps my engine humming w/ cool air, it’s aero dynamic as advertised, and it looks like a natural fit for my LC after painting it w/ the same color.
Sending pics after this.
Next project- replacing the OEM air box…

Hey bud,
I got my monster snorkel out (of Russia), 2 years before they invaded Ukraine. I would‘ve felt differently then if I knew they were gonna give Ukraine the shaft. It took a little over 2 months to get my order, out of Siberia, I believe. Honestly, I took a chance, although I did my research, ordering w/ them is like a stab in the dark
It’s been on my LC200 for 1 1/2 years now. I’m a DIY guy, and it took me a while dry testing it before I punched a hole in my front panel, and just like you, I hate the gaudy look of the other snorkels in the market.
Anyway, long story short, the snorkel absolutely keeps my engine humming w/ cool air, it’s aero dynamic as advertised, and it looks like a natural fit for my LC after painting it w/ the same color.
Sending pics after this.
Next project- replacing the OEM air box…

IMG_2348.jpeg

IMG_2347.jpeg

IMG_2346.jpeg

IMG_2345.jpeg

IMG_2342.jpeg

I didn’t know it had the ‘down facing’ air intake

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom