LX570 New Alignment Problem Please Help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Maybe since they just did your alignment take it back and ask them to play with toe and see if it helps?
Can you take a video and send to me so I can compare to mine? I will take one also. Not sure how to send it to you. Maybe I can put a youtube link here?

Rotate the tires.

Other than tie rod being loose, it seems to me that your vehicle is not holding alignment. The likelihood of multiple machines, multiple times, still not producing a stable alignment is not...likely. The set of printouts show that each alignment is far from previous measures. As you mention your camber bolts being seized, either they're not aligning the wheels in a good way, or as I mentioned, your bushings are torqued or shot. New LCAs might be in order.

Other than tie rod being loose, it seems to me that your vehicle is not holding alignment. The likelihood of multiple machines, multiple times, still not producing a stable alignment is not...likely. The set of printouts show that each alignment is far from previous measures. As you mention your camber bolts being seized, either they're not aligning the wheels in a good way, or as I mentioned, your bushings are torqued or shot. New LCAs might be in order.

This. ⬆

Thanks for the reply. Tomorrow I’m supposed to get the tires rotated to see if it helps. If that doesn't help, I’ll proceed with your suggestions. However, the first and second alignment were off because the Hunter machine at the dealership was off calibration (or so I’m told). My mechanic checked the LCA’s and tie rods and other components and noticed no play. If bushings were shot, wouldn’t it be noticeable on the rack?

I'm fighting an alignment issue right now. Funny thing is I own an alignment shop...

My issues:

Bought vehicle with a slight pull towards the right.
Decided to put it on the rack and do an alignment. Everything was perfect except the left side was really toed in by 0.3

Installed larger tires and increased CASTER to 4.2 / 4.1, this is to prevent me from doing a BMC right now. The tires are 33" but i feel as if they are 33.5.
Car began pulling to the right again after the second alignment was complete with the bigger tires. Now i'm litterally just adjusting the toe on both sides to get the steering wheel straight and have the car drive normally. Once i get the values i'll send the new updated readings.

I'm fighting an alignment issue right now. Funny thing is I own an alignment shop...

My issues:

Bought vehicle with a slight pull towards the right.
Decided to put it on the rack and do an alignment. Everything was perfect except the left side was really toed in by 0.3

Installed larger tires and increased CASTER to 4.2 / 4.1, this is to prevent me from doing a BMC right now. The tires are 33" but i feel as if they are 33.5.
Car began pulling to the right again after the second alignment was complete with the bigger tires. Now i'm litterally just adjusting the toe on both sides to get the steering wheel straight and have the car drive normally. Once i get the values i'll send the new updated readings.
Trd4vapr do you believe that if the STEERING wheel moves when hitting some sharp bumps that a toe in would help that as discussed earlier?

Finally got this fixed. Even after the last wheel balance something still didn’t feel right. I returned these Defenders back to TireRack within the 60 day Michelin Satisfaction guarantee and asked them to send me a brand new set. Found a good competent shop close to me and got them mounted, balanced and aligned. Car drives at is should now over bumps and tracks straight and feels great. So it was either something wrong with the tires, the mounting done from the previous shop, the alignment done by the dealer, the multiple balances or a combination of all the above. $245 well spent before changing out control arms tie rods and other things.

Finally got this fixed. Even after the last wheel balance something still didn’t feel right. I returned these Defenders back to TireRack within the 60 day Michelin Satisfaction guarantee and asked them to send me a brand new set. Found a good competent shop close to me and got them mounted, balanced and aligned. Car drives at is should now over bumps and tracks straight and feels great. So it was either something wrong with the tires, the mounting done from the previous shop, the alignment done by the dealer, the multiple balances or a combination of all the above. $245 well spent before changing out control arms tie rods and other things.
Can you post your alignment printout? Congrats

Can you post your alignment printout? Congrats

Unfortunately I left the shop without getting one. When I went back they couldn’t find it or either the tech didn’t print it out but he said it was pretty much just a factory alignment setting everything within spec. I really think it’s the mounting/balancing of the tires.

Unfortunately I left the shop without getting one. When I went back they couldn’t find it or either the tech didn’t print it out but he said it was pretty much just a factory alignment setting everything within spec. I really think it’s the mounting/balancing of the tires.
Ok. Is your steering wheel twitch completely gone even over rough road at higher speeds? No twitch at all?

Ok. Is your steering wheel twitch completely gone even over rough road at higher speeds? No twitch at all?

Mine was abnormal to the point I could tell something was off but now it feels so much better that I feel like it drives as it should. It’s not tight like a German make over some bumps just a slight twitch/road feedback however I think this is as expected with a body on frame truck with new truck tires with a more robust sidewall.

Mine was abnormal to the point I could tell something was off but now it feels so much better that I feel like it drives as it should. It’s not tight like a German make over some bumps just a slight twitch/road feedback however I think this is as expected with a body on frame truck with new truck tires with a more robust sidewall.
Ok thanks for the response. I appreciate it

Bingo!!! Told you it was the tires. :cheers:

I took off the tires, measured each one and there was some discrepancies on the sizes. very small but none the less a discrepancy. I realigned the vehicle and still had some issues. I believe my particular situation is a little different than others, because my tires are TRACTOR tires. So I have manually adjusted the toe on both sides each drive to finally make it perfect.

I was never aware how sensitive the LX's are. In the past with honda S2000 people have complained how difficult it is to align and i have never had an issue, but with the lx570 upgrading the tires really made my life a B(@#*&)@(*#

Trd4vapr do you believe that if the STEERING wheel moves when hitting some sharp bumps that a toe in would help that as discussed earlier?

TOE in helps the steering be less jerky. Toe out increase responsiveness of the vehicle. I personally like toe out more than toe in because I don't want a "LAG / DISCONNECT" when i turn the steering wheel.

My background is race cars, and 0 toe all the way around gives a car more predictability than toe in or out. My S2K setup is as follows :

Front
6.0 Caster
-3.0 Camber
.05 Toe Out

Rear
-2.5 Camber
0.0 Toe

Funny thing is I own an alignment shop...

Can you tell me if alignment lifts are level? .. or are they supposed to be?

There's nothing in the FSM about what to do with AHC at time of alignment, but I've always wondered about turning off AHC before handing over the keys to the shop, or telling them to let it level out once its raised up on the lift.

Last edited:
That is a great question.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom