LX470 won't start (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I searched a few threads but didn't notice anything quite like my issue. I was driving down the interstate this weekend and got off an exit and as I was slowing down on the exit ramp, the vehicle just turned off... I had it towed to a store off the exit. Everything works but when you turn the key, the engine spins just like it is about to start but just keeps spinning. I had a friend come down to tow it back to the house. He brought a nice scan tool and it was having a hard time 'auto-detecting' the vehicle and when we got it to manually scan, it would start to read the ECM (or whatever the proper name is) and then just skip it and go to reading the AHC & each thing after that... everything that it read passed but i'm just confused why it wouldn't scan the engine? Does this sound like an engine computer issue? Anyone else experienced anything similar?? Thanks in advance!

Sounds to me like an issue in your fuse box. @medtro can help if it is. If it looks more like an ecu issue I can probably help.

no unusual lights on or flashing. I will double check but I think the check engine light stays on after it doesn't crank up but the scanner just skips by checking the engine codes

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom