LX470 Speaker Replacement (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have a 2001 LX470 and am trying to replace all the speakers. Does anybody know if I need 8 Ohm or 2 Ohm 6.5s? It seems from this thread I need 8 Ohms, but the shop that I went into to ask about my options indicated that I needed 2 Ohm speakers. Having trouble getting a straight answer.

anyone replaced all the speakers and sub in a 2003+ with ML?

Any update on this from anyone? I'm about to order the complete kit from Simply Speaker (FSK-LX470 ), however would prefer to just upgrade the entire speaker(s).

Just looking to see what speakers and sub people used

My '05 has JBL GX608C 6.5" on all four corners with a Kicker 10" enclosed sub in the rear (all from Best Buy). The system sounds pretty good, but is ultimately limited by the head unit. The tweeter location in the rear doors really helps to increase the mids and lows even while sitting in the front seats.

You can see some pics of the install here...Michel M Mitias

Thanks for the link Michel, very impressive!

I ordered the foam replacement and am just going to go that route. I'm honestly thinking of just fixing a couple of the smaller quirks and selling this. I feel the LX is too engrained into old technology, and this one is too clean and original to become a trail rig.

My '05 has JBL GX608C 6.5" on all four corners with a Kicker 10" enclosed sub in the rear (all from Best Buy). The system sounds pretty good, but is ultimately limited by the head unit. The tweeter location in the rear doors really helps to increase the mids and lows even while sitting in the front seats.

You can see some pics of the install here...Michel M Mitias
I checked your pics but didn't see the sub install, can you use the sub you got with the factory amp on the ML system? My factory sub blew for the second time and I want an aftermarket setup, as close to plug and play as possible. Have a lead on an option from a helpful member but curious about your setup as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom