LX470 headunit wiring harness help (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My 2000 470 came with an older kenwood aftermarket headunit and it recently crapped out so I am going to replace it with a basic double din touch screen. Ive read through alot of the posts made about this and if anyone can pipe in...

The splicing the previous owner did looks like it would matchup with the new harness (colors match etc). Ive read that I need an adapter like this (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00133RCCC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1) but do i really at this point? I am not going to bypass factory harness and the current setup doesnt have this splitter and worked.

Screenshot 2024-01-14 at 4.23.32 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-01-14 at 4.23.16 PM.png

Last edited:

Not sure if you have the nakamichi system since you didn't have the factory unit installed when you got the truck, but from what I understand, since you don't have the OEM connector and the previous owner spliced the wires directly, it's probably a high chance that there's a Nakamichi amp on the other side of those wires.

The link above would be a good point to at least read and see if the wiring is matching what you have on your system.

Not sure if you have the nakamichi system since you didn't have the factory unit installed when you got the truck, but from what I understand, since you don't have the OEM connector and the previous owner spliced the wires directly, it's probably a high chance that there's a Nakamichi amp on the other side of those wires.

The link above would be a good point to at least read and see if the wiring is matching what you have on your system.
Youre probably right, with the old headunit there was always a low hum and i always assumed it was the amp. Maybe ill bypass down the road. Side note is there anyway to fix this clip that i broke?

Screenshot 2024-01-15 at 9.30.04 AM.png

Last edited:
I would just try some super glue on that clip, see if it holds after the glue cures for a day, other than that? Not really anything short of buying a new fascia.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom