Melted rear diff/abs wiring harness (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Welp it happened to me today, 450 miles into my 780 mile leg of my trip from NY to FL, I got the abs and rear diff light. Thanks to this forum I was able to quickly find threads relating to this issue even with spotty service in a sheetz parking lot. Sure enough the exhaust leak had melted the wiring harness. Despite a frantic trip to a local dealer there wasn't anything they could do on such short notice. I decided that since the diff wasn't locked I would press on to my hotel in Charlotte for the night. I made it with no issues...well no hundy related issues. Please forgive me if this has been answered but it has been a hell of a day and I am bleary eyed just typing this but my question is....Is there a chance the diff can lock up on me if I keep pressing on? I guess I am just worried that with the shorts the actuator could get some bad info and try to lock up on me. I really need to make to FL tomorrow for a new job (yay!) but I also love Norm (his name) more than I love myself and I just don't want to do anything that could seriously hurt Norm and in turn myself and others on the road. I am posting to hopefully get an answer one way or another but also as a shoutout to this absolutely amazing community for making it so easy to troubleshoot these unfortunate events. Thank you in advance.

Just unplug the harness at the diff actuator.
I mentioned that during my dealer visit and the tech seemed to think this was a big no no. Thank you for your response because that was one thing I was planning on doing tomorrow AM before I head out. Cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom