LX470 folding mirror motor and pinion (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm still trying to find the correct motor and pinion for my 2001 LX470's folding mirror motor.

Have I spent way more time on this than the cost of a complete new mirror assembly? Yup.

Will I be using those folding mirrors at all after the initial gee-whiz period? Nope.

But I'm obsessed. Deranged, almost.

The existing motor is here. And not only is the motor dead, but the plastic pinion is broken.

IMG-20210228-WA0003 (2).jpg

IMG-20210228-WA0004 (1).jpg

I bought the replacement motor, but it came without the pinion. Then I bought what was supposed to be the correct gear for it, but it wasn't.

So I'm next trying to buy the FC-280SC motor with the pinion. Note that the pinion is not a worm gear. The thread grooves go up and down, not screw-wise.

Once it arrives from China (SpeedPak: a few weeks of nail-biting), I'll know yes/no.

Until then, does anyone know anything more about the LX470 folding side mirrors? Has anyone been able to get a part number or other info about this motor and pinion?

Alright. Found it. Or rather, found a dude in China who sells them, and asked him to list it on eBay. The whole LX470 folding mirror assembly. $40 shipped from China. A lot cheaper than $300 for a secondhand mirror.

Added May 23 2021: I edited out the eBay item link because the eBay item arrived and despite the seller's description, it does not fit the LX470. (And the seller was a total jerk about it. Avoid seller azgiant_global .)

Last edited:
I'm still trying to find the correct motor and pinion for my 2001 LX470's folding mirror motor.

Have I spent way more time on this than the cost of a complete new mirror assembly? Yup.

Will I be using those folding mirrors at all after the initial gee-whiz period? Nope.

But I'm obsessed. Deranged, almost.

The existing motor is here. And not only is the motor dead, but the plastic pinion is broken.

View attachment 2629919
View attachment 2629920

I bought the replacement motor, but it came without the pinion. Then I bought what was supposed to be the correct gear for it, but it wasn't.

So I'm next trying to buy the FC-280SC motor with the pinion. Note that the pinion is not a worm gear. The thread grooves go up and down, not screw-wise.

Once it arrives from China (SpeedPak: a few weeks of nail-biting), I'll know yes/no.

Until then, does anyone know anything more about the LX470 folding side mirrors? Has anyone been able to get a part number or other info about this motor and pinion?
can you link me to the correct motor that you got? I don't need the pinion thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom