LX470 AHC Service (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Having read numerous threads on this topic, the gist of which was, if your AHC stops raising the truck it's time to pull it and replace with OME or equivalent.

I'm here to say at least for my 2004, having the AHC serviced returned the suspension to full working order, and preserved the smoooth lexus ride.

The truck has 289k miles on it. We pull a Kimberley Kamper, which has a tongue weight of about 300 lbs. The AHC had been reluctant to raise to the medium position, forget about high. Now, it lifts up to the high position without complaint.

I had OME suspension on my LC, which was an improvement over stock. I'm very glad however that I tried servicing the AHC first, in this case.

Can you provide some more details. What did you do?

By "servicing" do you mean replacing the fluid and dialing in the front and rear pressures?

Clunky that is what I did. The accumulators did not seem to be leaking, my diagnosis was that after 15 years and nearly 300k miles it needed a fluid purge and replace.

If the truck had needed new accumulators it would have been a different calculus. For the cost of the fluid change however it was very little cost to return the plush ride the LX is known for.

Having read numerous threads on this topic, the gist of which was, if your AHC stops raising the truck it's time to pull it and replace with OME or equivalent.

I don't believe that is the consensus among owners of trucks with AHC. It is less expensive to buy new globes on Ebay or from Pleiades than to rip the AHC out and put in a OME suspension. Some people certainly do the rip and replace, but it seems to me that more people refresh the system.

That's just a guess though. I haven't done a thorough statistical analysis :)

I didn't exactly tally the service vs replace posts. It was just my impression that the majority of the posters had weighed in favor of replace.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom