LX Dissent Front Bumper Question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
so I love the look of the CBI covert bumper on the 16+ models. My question is could the Dissent be installed without the two side sections for a similar stealth install? At this time I don’t necessarily need the additional clearance and am more looking to up my recovery options should we get in a pinch. LRD just launched mostly what I’m looking for minus a light bar provision and I also like that the dissent is aluminum.

so I love the look of the CBI covert bumper on the 16+ models. My question is could the Dissent be installed without the two side sections for a similar stealth install? At this time I don’t necessarily need the additional clearance and am more looking to up my recovery options should we get in a pinch. LRD just launched mostly what I’m looking for minus a light bar provision and I also like that the dissent is aluminum.
The wings are aluminum, the center is steel

Learn something new every day - and I have one! Thanks @radman

Last edited:
Would just get a hidden winch Mount vs half installing a bumper.
It’s my understanding the hidden winch mount would require cutting and this compromising the front crash bar. If what I’m asking is possible it also gives me the option to put the side pieces on a later time should I decide I do actually need the clearance.

It’s my understanding the hidden winch mount would require cutting and this compromising the front crash bar. If what I’m asking is possible it also gives me the option to put the side pieces on a later time should I decide I do actually need the clearance.

Sure but it’s going to be weird

1676081732702.jpeg

The aluminum crash bar is coming out n all cases unless you do custom work on a hidden mount like @TeCKis300 did

this isn't accurate. The center section and wings are all aluminum. The mounting hardware and recovery points are steel.

this is the old version - but yes, you could leave all the stock plastics in place and cut a notch out of the middle to make it look slick.
Thanks for this! This is exactly what I was wanting to know

Yeah but at least with an aftermarket bumper you still have something there. Maybe it’s a false sense of security I don’t know.
A hidden which mount is a big hunk of metal that replaces to crash bar between the frame rails., and a bumper without wings is a big hunk of metal that replaces the crash bar between the frame rails. You’re pretty much at toMAto - tomato at that point. One just costs 4x the other..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom