LX 570 to GX 460 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

GX gate is ass, but you can probably somewhat cleanly oem parts rear spare mount. Never seen it done though.

You will need to though for anything 33” or larger. Another drawback for GX if big “meats” is in the plan. Plus size fitments and spare are way harder to pull of on that platform.

Blackline with OEM carplay, V8 and 6spd is unicorn though. And i can see it retaining its value extremely well as more and more eyes turn to the GX.

That is unless it gets absolutely packaged up with the next release in a cruiser hybrid GXOR pack which is seemingly more and more likely in the speculation

For me, i dislike the GX “sports“ front seats…too narrow and side bolster too aggressive. I am NOT fat nor wide body and i feel too confined in a not so comfy way.

The seats in the 200 are definitely better but not by a large margin. Toyota/Lexus always let me down in the seat department.

GX gate is ass, but you can probably somewhat cleanly oem parts rear spare mount. Never seen it done though.

You will need to though for anything 33” or larger. Another drawback for GX if big “meats” is in the plan. Plus size fitments and spare are way harder to pull of on that platform.

Blackline with OEM carplay, V8 and 6spd is unicorn though. And i can see it retaining its value extremely well as more and more eyes turn to the GX.

That is unless it gets absolutely packaged up with the next release in a cruiser hybrid GXOR pack which is seemingly more and more likely in the speculation

Lots of guys running 35’s on 460’s these days.

The seats in the 200 are definitely better but not by a large margin. Toyota/Lexus always let me down in the seat department.

Lots of guys running 35’s on 460’s these days.

True, just comparing to LX practically being drop in. The spare is still an issue though right?

True, just comparing to LX practically being drop in. The spare is still an issue though right?

Indeed, 32” is about max underneath.

The rear door of the GX is one of my hang ups as is the spare tire carrier. I have a One Up bike rack that would not play nice with the swing out door and I absolutely would be putting 33’s on one but with no where to put a spare and having a rear door not really intended to support a extra tire it’s a bit of a turn off.

Pred grill is another thing I’m more cold than hot on. Yes you can somewhat mitigate with a bumper from CBI or Victory but I don’t really want to cut into a brand new Lexus. IMO the 200 LC (not the LX) is the better looking vehicle.

You have to do a lot of work to put 35’s on a GX. SandyCats has a really in depth video covering this on both his GX and 4R. There’s putting 35’s on one, and then there is putting 35’s on one the right way.

You have to do a lot of work to put 35’s on a GX. SandyCats has a really in depth video covering this on both his GX and 4R. There’s putting 35’s on one, and then there is putting 35’s on one the right way.

You have to do a lot to put them on a non-LX 200 as well. Point is, both need a spare on a swing out or inside and both need lots of lift and trimming.

TWO HUNDRED! TWO HUNDRED! TWO HUNDRED! :clap:

You know youll always be eyeing the big bro model...

Also, if youre doing it for size, the next iteration will almost certainly be larger IMO.

So you maybe should get the blackline...

This is one of the hardest decisions in the game at the moment. Multiple threads on this very deliberation.

Picking up parts. Forum voodoo strikes again!

This might help:

7CCFD3BA-3F24-4CB1-AC19-BA7A421D0F6F.jpeg

2885D601-4945-4145-9E4E-E0194C402148.jpeg

Quick…give me Lotto numbers!!!

Well, according to the Toyota numerology chart, the prado 150 is 75% of 200, which looks pretty accurate right at just about 25% smaller....
soooo in order of ascension, with the equation balanced that would be: 15 02 52 00 powerball multiplier 75.

Also my high mode dwarfs that dobinsons 2-3" lift or whatever it was on INCLUDING its rack.
Poor little fellar outgrew and probably wanted bigger shoes too.

Yeah, personally, i LOVE the “redesigned” front nose of the GX460…….even if it was made to scrape up roadkill…..it makes my LC look boring in my garage.

Doubt you'll like it better than the LX. We had a '17 GX460 for 3 years and it was a nice reliable SUV. Convinced my wife to let me sell it and replace with a (low mile) '14 LX570 and we really like the LX so much better...more power, AHC, better outward visibility (esp over hood), more interior space (or at least feels roomier), and all in a package that feels no larger in day to day driving than the GX. And as others have mentioned, the LX has a split tailgate which is 1,000X better than the swing rear door on the GX (and also on LR Discos too).

I've had LR 40s, 60s, 80s...and LX470, GX460, and now LX570. As well as 2 LR Discos and 1 LR4 (really liked that LR4 BTW).

The LX570 will be a long-term member of our family...

Nope drove a luxury version…..can’t do it! May upgrade to a ‘18 or newer, my ’13 runs like a top!!! Complements everywhere I go…..130,000 miles strong!

I had a loaner GX for a few months years ago when the dealer stripped my oil pan when it was under warranty. If I didn’t tow a 22’ 7k lb camper >7-10k miles a summer I would no doubt own a GX instead of my LX.

Why? Like others have said more nimble, better in many places off road, and way cheeper, you could by a GX and a commuter car (model 3/Prius/…) or a GX and a sports car (Sti/s3/Miata/…) for the price of a LX.

I had a loaner GX for a few months years ago when the dealer stripped my oil pan when it was under warranty. If I didn’t tow a 22’ 7k lb camper >7-10k miles a summer I would no doubt own a GX instead of my LX.

Why? Like others have said more nimble, better in many places off road, and way cheeper, you could by a GX and a commuter car (model 3/Prius/…) or a GX and a sports car (Sti/s3/Miata/…) for the price of a LX.
Strictly talking value the GX is hard to beat.

Seems to be the common theme of late. That some owners are not really taking advantage the greater capability or capacity of the cruiser. There are other great options in that case. As much as I like the GX, I don't think I could make that switch.

Strictly talking value the GX is hard to beat.
For me the value is the previous gen Sequoia. Same price as GX. Same durability. Spacious.

But of course, none of us are here because we care about value. 😂

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom