LX 470 drink holder (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So whats up with the center console drink holder, there are no little arms to hold the drinks tight like on my 2000 Cruiser, and the cruiser one don't fit in the LX.

any ideas?

The LX should have come with a pair of pink panties in the glovebox. Just wrap those around the bottom of the cup and it will fit in the cupholder just fine:D

I have the center divider thingy on my 1998 cupholder. It might be a different design than your 2000. Does your 2000 look like this one? I vaguely remember mine looking a little different. I can check when I get home.
cupholder.JPG

Josh83 said:
The LX should have come with a pair of pink panties in the glovebox. Just wrap those around the bottom of the cup and it will fit in the cupholder just fine:D

LOL Nice

hoser said:
I have the center divider thingy on my 1998 cupholder. It might be a different design than your 2000. Does your 2000 look like this one? I vaguely remember mine looking a little different. I can check when I get home.

Do you have maybe part number for tihis divider? Or somebody else? I use split rubber cup holder to fix bottle inside cupholder, but it not look cool at all :frown:

I have never seen the butter fly cup holder? Is this available from Toyota? I would like to order one if so.

Thank you,

uzj100

yeah thats what the one in my LC looks like, but it won't fit in the LX, the way they slide into to the base is different. On a LC you can also move the holder to the right or the left to fit bigger or smaller drinks as well as open up the "butterfly" to hold the drink. On the LX there is no provision to move the holder right or left.

you can't just order the holder thing, you gotta buy the whole holder and for a cruiser its like $150, a LX is $600(or so the dickhead at Lexus told me)

this is on Ebay, but the seller has not sent me a pic of the bottom of it so I can see if it will fit my LX.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...d=1,1&item=7982953157&sspagename=STRK:MEWA:IT

I will try a one of Connies thongs.......in the holder that is ;)

hoser said:

Does anyone have the butterfly cup holder installed in a 99 model? Also does anyone have the part number?

Thanks,

uzj100

Nothin' in my 99. :( The tacoma even has the lexus beat on that one!

took some pics of the LX vrs the LC cup holder. please no comments on the mess ;)

1999 LX holder(they way I got it)

102687503.jpg

with the insert(which does nothing)
102687506.jpg

with my boat drinkholder inserted to keep a pop can snug
102687501.jpg

2000 LC drink holder, without the OEM butterfly holder
102687497.jpg

with OEM butterfly holder inserted
102687493.jpg

as I said you can even move the holder to the right or left to fit bigger or smaller drinks
102687490.jpg

and a pic of the bottom the butterfly
102687487.jpg

as you can see the LC butterfly won't work in the LX....:(

Do you see a part number on the butterfly cup holder?

Thanks,

uzj100

Dag gone. My 99 has the cupholder similiar to the Lexus. I have never seen the other cupholder in any of the LCs I have sat in over the years.

Let me know if the butterfly lexus part works.

uzj100

you can not just get the butterfly part, you must buy the WHOLE holder, like I said its over $150.

the butterfly part in my 2000 came out of a 2005 LC........which is exactly the same set up as my 2000........so I will assume 2000-2005 are all the same

uzj100 said:
Dag gone. My 99 has the cupholder similiar to the Lexus. I have never seen the other cupholder in any of the LCs I have sat in over the years.

Let me know if the butterfly lexus part works.

uzj100

Gotcha. Thanks for the info.

Man, you got so gyped!

Hey John--

My 98 LX470 is just like your 2000--except cleaner :flipoff2:
cupholder.jpg

Doesn't that butterfly thing fit better flipped around. If you look in the picture, you'll see 3 tick marks in the holder, and 1 tick mark on the butterfly. I aligned these and it seems to slide into place much easier.

I thought the dealership put it in wrong as you have it oriented in the picture, so I flipped it around.

well thats interesting.......yeah its just like the 2000 LC

hoser said:
Hey John--

My 98 LX470 is just like your 2000--except cleaner :flipoff2:

I dunno.........but I will try it out the other way.

someplace there is a new white 2005 LC missing its drink holder ;)

aljordan said:
Doesn't that butterfly thing fit better flipped around. If you look in the picture, you'll see 3 tick marks in the holder, and 1 tick mark on the butterfly. I aligned these and it seems to slide into place much easier.

I thought the dealership put it in wrong as you have it oriented in the picture, so I flipped it around.

aljordan said:

Perhaps the butterfly is directional. I was in a hurry and had to dig the divider thing out of the armrest. I seem to be using the cupholder more for a sunglasses thans cups. Where do you guys store your sunglasses? Is there some kind of JDM sunglass holder overhead or something?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom