LX 450 CEL codes, 02 sensor or more? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I'm looking for a LC and this LX450 has had my attention for a few weeks. It's got 186k miles, been in Mass most of its life. Not a perfect car cosmetically (some dings, dents, scuffs etc little bit of rust on paint) but frame is good and seems to drive fine, the guy wants 3700 for it. Anyway on my second drive of it he had already had it running before I got there and the CEL was on. He said it was probably the gas cap but I had him run a scan and these codes came up. I think they might be all related but searching here I see the p0171 could be a vacuum leak. I'm just trying to get as much info as possible before I purchase. Thanks fellas

lx450.jpg

Oh also the truck has no ac, saw some people discussing that in my search on this forum.

Here's a pic of the engine bay

16440.jpeg

What happened to all the aluminum? Looks like it was in the ocean and coral is growing on it.

I'm thinking 20 years of salted roads? idk i figured thats what these trucks look like after some time in the rust belt.

Any comments on the trouble codes?

You can test the O2's with multi meter. Start there. If you dont have a Factory Service Manual (FSM) do a search as I am sure someone has posted how to test.

So I guess you're saying there is no way of telling off the codes what exactly is going on. Ok, was hoping the code combo might mean something specific/obvious to someone on here. Guess the trucks a gamble at that price anyway. I don't mind doing work on it just wanted to know what to expect. Thanks for reply

In the FSM, you can find a free download on this site, there will be a list of possible causes for each code. I have a 94 so my FSM will not help you. But I am 95% sure new O2's will solve the problem. Other causes can be corrosion in the O2 plug connector or a frayed wire. Look in plug first. Second test the O2 with multi meter, third check wires and then replace. I have had luck cleaning them with an acid bath but if you dont know how old the O2's are its best to replace them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom