lug nut size and pithch question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Lemoore, CA (south of Fresno) / Cortes Island, B.C
Did a search and couldn't find anything. Went to two auto parts stores and they were like, try these, they might work, but you cannot return them if they don't so I thought you guys can help. I have a 73 FJ 40. What size/pitch lug nuts work for my rig. I need longer ones with the new wheels I have since the stock are too stubby. Thanks
part numbers for Kragen, Napa, or autozone would be great.

M12x1.50 IIRC. It's been the same for Toyota 4WD vehicles pretty much forever.

If you're really worried, bring one of your lugnuts in to check first.

I don't have a part #, but I know I got longer-than-stock ones at Schucks(Checker/Kragen) several years ago.

Dormann (sp.?) pn - 610-265 ; M12-1.5 x 44.8mm is about 1/4" longer than stock. Works for most wheels.

honk is correct, and its dorman those are the same ones i used and i have posted the # before. they come 10 to a box and are around $2.00 each + or - :cheers:

slickrock said:
What size/pitch lug nuts work for my rig.

thanks for the help, but looking for the LUG NUTS.

slickrock said:

Then find yourself some M12x1.50 LUG NUTS!

Post up a pic of your wheel...

Are you looking for shank style lugs?

slickrock said:

WTF "I need longer ones with the new wheels I have since the stock are too stubby"

Oh, the stock LUGNUTS are too stubby? Why don't you show us your stubby lugnuts. :doh:

slickrock said:

No, what you need to do is get longer studs. Unless you're trying to fit some old-school alloys that require shanked nuts.

Assuming you're running normal wheels with a conical seat, the length of the nut won't make any difference in being able to grab threads. A conical seat is a conical seat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom