LUCAS oil stabilizer?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I bought 2 jugs of the lucas oil stabliizer. Has anyone used this? how good does it work?..looks like i need to add both 1 qt jugs. At least that is what the directions say..1 qt for every 4 qts. Does this sound right?

Any info on this stuff would be appreciated...before I dump this s***e into my rig..

thanks,
joe m

Why did you buy it if you know nothing about it? :slap:

I stay away from oil additives. Methinks its snake oil. If it is so good, why don't the oil manufacturers already use it?

i bought it when i got some of the lucas FI cleaner. I was there and i saw it...in the retail world it is called an "impulse purchase" :D.

If this stuff gets bad reviews..i just return it for my $$ back (no harm..no foul)...if people here have used it and are happy with it..then it is one less trip to the auto store.

joe m

Ok so I think we're all waiting for CARY to chime in here. :rolleyes:

"Started by skeddy, Message by cary
Quote from: landtoy80 on October 21, 2003, 07:37 PM
I use Lucas Heavy Duty Oil Stabilizer in my ...... Junky trucks ie Chevy.
I have a very worn pinion bearing, the seal was long gone and sand and pebbles were in the diff and pinion bearing. I should rebuIld but no time. The pinion bearing are very loose in the race. I put in about 50% Lucas.

Lucas is good for old smokin chevy 350 too.

Lucas is not good for your engine, get it out of there. It allows the oil to foam and trap air, and then you get no lube action going on. Instead put a heavier gear oil in. See this link:

www.bobistheoilguy.com/images/...lucas/lucas.htm "

[glow=red,2,300]OK..i get it. [/glow]
[glow=red,2,300]Guess i will be taking this s*** back to the autostore.

later..
Joe M[/glow]

I use it in junky worn 350's. I have it in myTurd's VERY worn rear diff.
But its winter and I have it at about 50% in the diff.
I need to get it out and only have 20% in as it is like frozen honey.
Is your motor smoken or worn out?? If not you don't need it.

I would have pointed you to the bob is the oil guy link so you already have the info I would have given. I would not use lucas or any other oil additive, leave that for the manufactures who spend millions and reseach the hell out of oil to get it to meet spec. BTW, I would not use the lucas in my diffs, transfer case, or tranny either.

Cary

The Lucas in the diff,tranny, t-case and motor is a way to prolong a worn out truck.
When the 80 starts to use oil, leak and lack power I will use it in the motor till I find a transplant and the motor goes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom