LS Swap motor mounts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yeah I these claim to keep the bellhousing in the same spot, which would be a huge perk.

Amazon product ASIN B01FG3MVDO
I have those, but not feeling too confident of using it with Matt’s mounts.

I have ordered one of each of the motor mounts listed below. Not in the same league as Matt’s in terms of build quality but felt would be easier route.

I'm not sure the value is really there yet for gen 5s anyhow. The L8T is really the only one worth making the effort on IMO. By the time you fab up mounts, delete the DFM fluster cluckery and mail off your harness to get pruned and flashed for 2k you coulda been way ahead on a 3/4.

All that said, this looks like a good product and another plus for finding a cherry lq9/lq4.

I'm not sure the value is really there yet for gen 5s anyhow. The L8T is really the only one worth making the effort on IMO. By the time you fab up mounts, delete the DFM fluster cluckery and mail off your harness to get pruned and flashed for 2k you coulda been way ahead on a 3/4.

All that said, this looks like a good product and another plus for finding a cherry lq9/lq4.
The Gen5 harness are not that expensive. 6L80/90 or the 8L90 feel better than the 4L60 - both for Highway driving and low speed crawling.

Deleting VATS etc is pretty straight forward using HP Tuners.

L8T feels overkill, L83 is plenty adequate, L86 is a beast.

But having said that Matt has everything one needs for a Gen 3 swap. His mounts, brackets, harness are top notch and built to make swap simple and straight forward.

Bump. Plenty of 60 and 80 series mounts in stock. Also updated pictures on the site!

With the 80 series mounts, will it come with a precise location where these will be at or we have to wiggle
the mounts/engine in the engine bay? I'm interested.

With the 80 series mounts, will it come with a precise location where these will be at or we have to wiggle
the mounts/engine in the engine bay? I'm interested.

No, due to the different transmission options all having slightly different lengths.

Theoretically there could be bolt multiple holes in the frame plates for these to line up with for different transmissions options and we could weld the bracket to the frame plate ahead of time, but they would be twice the cost at that point.

They’re really pretty simple to install.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom