LS motor mounts for FZJ80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
First post greetings! I'm gathering parts to swap a 5.3l with 4l60E adapted to stock transfer case. I'm not a fan of the motor mounts I've found so far and I'm not a welder so would prefer to not try building my own. A user named Kirk built a set for his ls2 swap and they looked solid. He said in his build thread that he might build some for sale, but it looks like hasn't been on here in almost two years. So, any chance anyone knows him or anything on the mounts? Or thoughts on other options.? AA has a set that apparently work but they don't appear all that beefy to me. Thanks in advance.

Whatever you do a welder will be required. No one has come up with a production bolt-in mount for this swap. Maybe if it gets more popular then it could happen but I don't see that happening any time soon. The mounts Kirk made were design to work with with the stock fluid filled isolates but even his were weld in.

Thanks, yeah I figure my odds are good getting someone to weld them in, but don't really want to start from scratch. I wish I could find something like what Kirk did on his.

You not gonna find them, you need a welder !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom