Lowest pressure you'd drive on (short distance) to the trail? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
In lieu of a full air up/down kit, what's the lowest tire pressure you'd set to to drive a short distance to a trail? Let's say you're on 33-35" tires and your camp site is 10-20 miles from a trail you want to crawl. If you wanted to air down some but not so much that it wouldn't be safe to drive to and from. 25psi? 20?

your question is a bit vague.

first off, why not just air down at the trailhead?
what type of road ?
what speeds?

that said, ive run at 10psi (or less) all day on fire roads, varied speeds.
for actually highways and speed, id just air down at the trailhead

Ive run ~15psi on many miles of road after (crazy rain....decided to get to a gas station).....and during runs between trails. No issues at all, just take it easy in the curves.

15psi is my answer lol

OK so how about just for the return trip on some light paved roads, maybe up to 60mph for say up to 1 hr. Airing down at the trailhead of course makes sense. I guess I'm just mostly worried about getting back to a gas station or wherever I'm staying to air back up without having to have an air compressor setup.

In lieu of a full air up/down kit, what's the lowest tire pressure you'd set to to drive a short distance to a trail? Let's say you're on 33-35" tires and your camp site is 10-20 miles from a trail you want to crawl. If you wanted to air down some but not so much that it wouldn't be safe to drive to and from. 25psi? 20?

It depends a lot on the size of the tire. I can easily run 20psi on the highway with my 35x12.5 tires. But most definitely not on my 32"x9.5" tires; that is darn scary!

PSI = pounds per square inch:

either you need more pressure, or more square inches, lol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom