Loose driver side mirror (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

jvazquez53

El Tractor
Threads
Website
www.facebook.com
Is it me or there's a problem with the driver's side rear view mirrors on the 80's? Both my 80's mirrors seems to be loose from the inside metal mount. Anyone have this problem?

Pretty much on every 8o Ive seen and mine.Factory defect,I would say yes. Mike

I do but it is on the passeger side

drvier side on mine is loose as well and now the passanger side started to shake. Got to tear in there soon add some silicone or something :bang:

x2, my driver side is really bad. My passenger is not far behind. One of those "one of those days I'll tear it apart and fix"..... but I have been saying that for 2 years now.

Yep. and its much worse when you have a rattling diesel motor.

You can try tightening the screw from the bottom of the casing.

However if it's like mine then the lugs the mirror sits on will be broken.

I fixed mine by glueing the back of the mirror motor to the frame of the mirror. But if you do this be careful when you tighen the bottom screw. as it tighens the top of the mirror moves out. put some thread locker on the screw and don't tighen it at all. ( or just leave it out.)

Yup...my driver side mirror shakes like crazy. Passenger side is fine though.

I really need to try and tighten it down one of these days.

I removed mine and fixed it. No longer shakes. Mine had one of the tabs broken off that hold it secure. I did how ever break the fricken glass when I put it back together.... but hey... it doesnt shake anymore.. :)

Had the same problem. Tightened the screw on the bottom and kept coming loose. Then one day while driving down a washboard road it fell out and was hanging by the wires. Found a salvage place online and ordered a whole new mirror assembly for $70. Same color too! Problem fixed and now have a few spare parts.

Mine were perfect until a nice little hotrod session down a Death Valley road. Now the passenger side shakes like an alcoholic in need of a drink.

My DS mirror was shaky when I bought my 80. I tore it apart and "fixed" the broken mounts with JB weld. I love that stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom