Looking for injector size for 3B/2H (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello everyone,

I am looking for the injector size (17mm or 21mm) for a 3B/2H or is someone knows the part number for compression tester adapter from Snap on that would be great.

I need to get a compression tester quickly.

Thanks,

Michael

Don't use the injectors on the IDI motors for a compression test. Use the glowplug holes...

And I don't have that data off the top of my head...though I believe someone posted the glowplug thread specs a while back.

hth's

gb

Hey Wes,

Thanks for the threads.

The compression tester is going in the injector ports so if you pull those it will not start. However you will get fuel everywhere. I have not done this in a while but if you disconnect the edict or crank it over with the edict off it should not pump any fuel. Just what I know at this point I am sure Wayne can elaborate further or someone else who does this a lot.

Thanks,

Michael

Ok, so maye the compression tester is not going in the injector ports. Thanks for the heads up Greg. What is the reason, because of the pre-chambers?

Thanks,

MIchael

tlcruiserman said:
The compression tester is going in the injector ports so if you pull those it will not start. However you will get fuel everywhere. I have not done this in a while but if you disconnect the edict or crank it over with the edict off it should not pump any fuel. Just what I know at this point I am sure Wayne can elaborate further or someone else who does this a lot.Michael

Yes, disconnect the EDIC plug so it will not get signal and move into the fuel position. If you pop the arm off, it automatically sets to the fuel position, so leave the arm on. If you want a measure of safety and have two people for the compression test simply have one person hold the fuel lever on the side of the injection pump in the off position when you are cranking. Remove all glowplugs so there is no compression...makes life much easier on the starter, removes the compression ignition issue, and helps the starter get the revs needed for proper readings. Holding the lever to the no fuel position keeps the fuel out of the cylinders. Leave your injectors in...less muss...less fuss...

gb

Are the injectors on a 3B and 2H the exact same injectors? Still looking for thread size for glow plug...anyone...anyone...bueller...bueller :doh:

Michael

tlcruiserman said:
Are the injectors on a 3B and 2H the exact same injectors? Still looking for thread size for glow plug...anyone...anyone...bueller...bueller :doh:

Michael

Pull glow plug and use thread gauge to size threads

I want to say the glow plug is a 10x1.25 I posted it somewhere in the intl section.. I'll see if I can find it.

Dunno about the 2H

DOh.. greg found it :D

Last edited:
silvercrusher said:
Pull glow plug and use thread gauge to size threads

Yes thanks I would do that, unfortunetly I am out of town right now and wanted to order tester so it was shipped by the time I got back in town.

Michael

tlcruiserman said:
Yes thanks I would do that, unfortunetly I am out of town right now and wanted to order tester so it was shipped by the time I got back in town.

Michael

Sorry didn't mean to sound like an ass. But reading back it seems as though i did. Again my apologies. :beer: :beer:

silvercrusher said:
Sorry didn't mean to sound like an ass. But reading back it seems as though i did. Again my apologies. :beer: :beer:

No worries, you did not sound that bad.

Cheers,

Michael

Tapage said:
I have denso ( OEM ) inyectors on my HJ-60, but have other aftermaket with more performance inyector . ?

David,

Are you saying you have aftermarket injectors that are "oversized" for better performance or are you asking about that?

Cheers,

Michael

tlcruiserman said:
David,

Are you saying you have aftermarket injectors that are "oversized" for better performance or are you asking about that?

Cheers,

Michael

I ask about that .. uff can you believe that I have oversized inyectors ( I don't if is posible ) in my 2H wouuu .. !

But now, I only have the OEM inyectors :(

Snap on Compression gauge/adapters

Just to follow up here are the part numbers for Snap on Diesel compression tester, glow plug adapter and fitting adapter. This one is very nice and work pretty well.

MT33C - gauge
M3565A - glow plug adapter 10x1.25
M3596- 45degree adapter (require to conversion mini fittnig to gauge fitting)

Cheers.

Michael

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom