Looking for hatch gate glass southwest Arkansas. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Tuesday my rear glass was busted out by someone mowing. None of the glass shops around here can find someone who carry's it.

Have you contacted your auto insurance company? When that happened
to me it was covered (USAA) by my comprehensive coverage IIRC.

I bought what was allegedly the 'last' piece of Toyota OEM rear hatch glass in North America about two years ago ($800 from the Cali warehouse). However when I was seeking out this glass with Dave Stedman @Japan4X4 he explained that his Japanese parts database showed this piece of glass in various thicknesses and tints. However shipping glass to North America is a obviously a big risk. Maybe you could give him a ring to see what is still available.

Another option is cruiserparts.com. I think that’s where I got mine. Someone shot mine out, and a few years ago I found one left in Cali, maybe the same one @80JDM bought, it would be over $1,000 by the time I had it shipped to me. They were much less. Good as new. Make sure to get a new gasket too. And check for rust under it.

Another option is cruiserparts.com. I think that’s where I got mine. Someone shot mine out, and a few years ago I found one left in Cali, maybe the same one @80JDM bought, it would be over $1,000 by the time I had it shipped to me. They were much less. Good as new. Make sure to get a new gasket too. And check for rust under it.
Toyota has never charged me shipping for any parts yet. Hope they don't start doing that.

Last edited:
I have 2. Drop me a line

It does have rust, would sanding it down and painting over it be enough?

I’m not supper knowledgeable in that area, but you want to get it as clean as possible and maybe use an rust converter then prime and paint it. Someone with more know how will likely chime in. But you want to stop that rust. Those hatches seem to get it bad

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom