Looking for FJ40, newb to IH8mud! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

NewB to IH8mud. I have worked CJ-7s for years and hated their piecemeal design. Had a buddy in college that had a 78' FJ40 and loved it, after doing my homework I've switched allegiances! Been looking for a FJ for the past couple months, but figured this would be the quickest way to get to all of you guys.

Prefer a late 70's - early 80's, but I'm not set on it. Lack of rust on body and running stock engine most important. Don't need a top or doors if absent, I live in Florida and will likely never need them. No emissions here. I've restored a few cars many years ago so I know BS when I see it. I'm not going to trail it, just on dry days around town and to the beach as a back-up vehicle.

Looking to spend less than 11k all together (travel and shipment if necessary). Got my eye on 1 already, may need to make a decision in the next couple weeks.

Thanks guys, great forum, been reading a lot the past few months.

I have a 70 for sale in Ga. stock (good) motor with no rust. U have it posted on mud. $8700 and its yours.I just dropped the price because of all the economy crap going on. Look it up and tell me what you think. If you want more pics,I have them.

still looking

Thanks for the links so far, went to look at a 68 this afternoon. Had a little more rust (and a great paint job hiding even more) than I was hoping. Still looking...

I am selling my '73 FJ40 Cruiser. It is completely original with stock everything. It has minimal rust; the only rust is on the back quarter panels. The engine is also stock and it runs great. I drive it to school and back everyday, as well as work. I currently have it listed on eBay, but I am willing to sell it outright to a fellow IH8MUDer. I am asking $8,000.

eBay Motors: Toyota : Land Cruiser (item 220310757986 end time Nov-21-08 15:25:13 PST)

still looking

bump... still looking. Thanks for the emails Michael and Mud.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom