Looking for advice (1 Viewer)

pistonpete

SILVER Star
Need better pics thats for sure, but, all depends on what you want out of it ?? I think its high, but its not like they are every where around theses parts..
Quarters look a lot bondo the best I can see ?? You need to get a look inside with those inner wheels cover off, around that area will telll you a lot. For the condition of the floor, etc. underneath at the rear ,front spring hangers and c channel, where the gas tank is .. I am always looking for them on the east coast, have not seen this ? For sale 2 years means something ?

Could be a very good rig, just need to be looked at a little closer ??

:hmm:

pistonpete

SILVER Star
Need better pics thats for sure, but, all depends on what you want out of it ?? I think its high, but its not like they are every where around theses parts..
Quarters look a lot bondo the best I can see ?? You need to get a look inside with those inner wheels cover off, around that area will telll you a lot. For the condition of the floor, etc. underneath at the rear ,front spring hangers and c channel, where the gas tank is .. I am always looking for them on the east coast, have not seen this ? For sale 2 years means something ?

Could be a very good rig, just need to be looked at a little closer ??

:hmm:
Ya only problem is I'm at the mercy of travel restrictions. I wouldn't mind having something that I had the potential to clean up if I wanted. I'll prob keep it for a long time.

Well I have decided to pass on the vehicle. Pictures were very vague. asked for certain pictures and didn't get them. Vehicles is still in the previous owners name etc. I asked how the floors were. The reply I got was "I assume they are ok" the reply I was looking for is "I'll check and snap a picture"

mtbrown619

SILVER Star
Well I have decided to pass on the vehicle. Pictures were very vague. asked for certain pictures and didn't get them. Vehicles is still in the previous owners name etc. I asked how the floors were. The reply I got was "I assume they are ok" the reply I was looking for is "I'll check and snap a picture"
Good call.

Gundo

SILVER Star
Smart decision. There’s more than one member here who pulled the trigger a bit too quickly on one of these rigs and then learned some expensive lessons. Me included!

For me, the search is half the fun - so much to learn and carry forward with each rig you consider

good luck and keep us posted.

Smart decision. There’s more than one member here who pulled the trigger a bit too quickly on one of these rigs and then learned some expensive lessons. Me included!

For me, the search is half the fun - so much to learn and carry forward with each rig you consider

good luck and keep us posted.
Thank you. and will do. I'd love to go state side and get one with less rust. But I don't believe they got a diesel version did they?

Ontop of all that the rear bench seat is missing.

g-man

SILVER Star
I know you're still looking but here is some advice if you plan on doing this .....After reading some recent threads on here about driving (many miles)home with a newly purchased Land Cruiser, I strongly suggest towing it home THEN working out the bugs. Check out this one:

FJ62 3F-E 1989 Land Cruiser - Knocking, loss of power post rebuild - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/fj62-3f-e-1989-land-cruiser-knocking-loss-of-power-post-rebuild.1240151/

And this guy is seriously worried (start reading at post #60 bottom of page 3) :

Advice on whether I should buy a Land Cruiser - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/advice-on-whether-i-should-buy-a-land-cruiser.1227794/page-3

I know you're still looking but here is some advice if you plan on doing this .....After reading some recent threads on here about driving (many miles)home with a newly purchased Land Cruiser, I strongly suggest towing it home THEN working out the bugs. Check out this one:

FJ62 3F-E 1989 Land Cruiser - Knocking, loss of power post rebuild - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/fj62-3f-e-1989-land-cruiser-knocking-loss-of-power-post-rebuild.1240151/

And this guy is seriously worried (start reading at post #60 bottom of page 3) :

Advice on whether I should buy a Land Cruiser - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/advice-on-whether-i-should-buy-a-land-cruiser.1227794/page-3
That sounds like great advice. thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom