Looking for a couple of easy mod items (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
What are the best front shackles for my 80 series to mount on an ARB bumper?

Where can I get a interior ceiling/roof net system for cargo inside? I saw one in the what did you do this weekend post down below.

Best place to mount a tow hook ? Link to hook to purchase?

Thanks guys

Where can I get a interior ceiling/roof net system for cargo inside? I saw one in the what did you do this weekend post down below.

Thanks guys
1) Land Cruisers should only fit shackles on the rear. We typically rescue stuck vehicles. Rarely are we pulled out.
2) Delta sell an excellent "loft" storage solution which mounts above where the 3rd row of seats would be.
3) I'm not sure what you mean by "Tow Hook".

Last edited:
Do not use the eyelets on an ARB bumper for shackles. They a not designed for recovery. Too thin. There are Hi-Lift jack accessories that can use those eyelets to help secure the nose of the jack to the bumper when lifting the vehicle. I use this one SLEE - Jac-koff Tool Kit - Slee Off Road - https://sleeoffroad.com/products/rec1042-b/

There are a number of companies who offer heavy duty recovery points that replace the factory transport loop under the frame rails. Quick google search yielded these as an example. Better options may be available. Recovery Tow Points PAIR Toyota 80 Series Landcruiser - https://www.the4wdshed.com/recovery-tow-points-pair-toyota-80-series-landcruiser-roadsafe4wd

Most aftermarket rear bumpers have heavy duty shackle eyelets. Mine does. I use the factory transport eyes if I need a front recovery point. Yes they can fail so use them responsibly. Some HD eyelets are on my to-do list.

Get these to replace the factory front tow hooks/recovery points.

Thanks for the replies guys. I agree with all. Thought I had seen some shackles on the front in a couple of pics on here but agree the steel is too thin. Haven't added a rear bumper yet so when I do, I will explore both the shackles and a place for a hook if I can add one. Mostly just for looks and occasionally pulling out Jeeps.

Thanks guys
1) not much assistance here, I built mine.
mJIHBZCl.jpg

Fz8jUOLl.jpg

2) you can build one in an afternoon with an industrial wire rack shelf, a couple of pieces of angle iron, some flat stock, and a flux core welder.
FYI: The angle from the side of wall to the horizontal is 60 degrees.
25WAHoYl.jpg

FokjiwNl.jpg

3) A 2" class V receiver hitch with one of these:
1642458951400.png

I actually use the version made for soft shackles as I've gone "wireless", but either works.
And if you manage to rip a class V hitch off; well, aren't you some kind of special. And I want an invite to your next adventure, cuz that one was was EPIC! :grinpimp:

Raingler makes cargo nets and barriers that are very high quality. They now have custom sizes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom