Looking for a brush guard/grill guard (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've been searching for one of those "damage multiplayer" grill guards. I'm wanting to mount some extra lights and put one on my 96 fzj80. I'm located in the Chicago area and would like some suggestions on where to look/ what to look for!
Thanks, Scott

:stop:

ARB makes one and it's stout.
Google it and you'll find a bunch of distributors. I got mine from autoanything.com.

IMG_1244.JPG

GO to google and type in "front bumper for an 80 series land cruiser" and peruse the pictures till you find something you like. Click on any of the various iterations to discover the maker and then window shop till you find a good price. ARB will mow down dozens of Chi town gangbangers' hot-wheels ,per night ,without breaking so it is pretty good but there are others.

Years ago, on another truck forum, some one asked about acquiring a brush guard for his pickup. He wasn't interested in mounting lights. I suggested that tattooing a capital letter "L" on his forehead would prove cheaper and about as effective. For that, I received a warning from the mods.

So much for the history lesson. To address your question, Leggiez, how about looking for a used Toyota brush guard? I know that the later ones, say 96 and 97, had these as options, and I've seen them on rigs for sale. Maybe try Craigslist, or maybe YotaYard, or another Toyota-specific salvage yard.

Now that's funny, you could of had mine for free, i removed it a few months back when i installed my winch. After taking it off i got tired of it getting in my way so i took it to the scrap metal yard and dumped it off.

I have the factory brush going for cheap if youre intetested. Just PM me.

Come and pick mine up. Not enough drop off scrap yards around here. Its the original damage multiplier type that came on 97's

Next time close your browser window.

Your buddy(s) knew the best way to get a laugh out of us, beats the "I'm :rainbow::redface:" post around here.

Wait......were you serious?

You could have had mine, I pulled it off and dropped it at the metal recycling place. Mine had a sticker on the underside, it was made by some outfit in California. Honestly, they weren't bad for what they were supposed to be: a literal brush guard, and a place to mount dealer-installed accessory lights.

Kinda like one of these ...;) ;)...stole this pic from the Koyo vs CFS rad thread...

image-2681875746.jpg

20170625_181820.jpg
I got some eBay led lights and put them in the bumper vents.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom