Looking for 80 series TLC with lockers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am looking for an 80 series. Since I NEED lockers, I am having to look out of state. I found a few on autotrader, the one I am looking at does not say wether or not it has lockers. However, there is the locker switch on the dash. I am definitly going to ask if it has lockers and ask them to read me the code of the door. What are the chances that this truck has lockers since the switch is already there?

BTW: I deal with a auto trader, and he can only get a truck from another dealer. And this one is from another dealer.

Last edited:
i dont understand..if the switch is there how can it not have lockers? unless they removed them for some weird reason

could u tell if it was a cdl switch or the front and rear locker switch?

Biff said:

I know, I have already tried to get this one. But I have to get financed through a dealer due to my age. No one will give me a person-to-person loan.

I really want that truck badly, but I may just have to get one through a dealer.

The switch is a front and rear I believe. Whats the difference in the switches? did both switches come factory, this one is factory. I have the pic where you can tell, I cant seem to find how to post it. http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...ed=&start_year=1993&isp=y&cardist=1733#vdptop

Maybe its time to sell my 67 camaro.
Thank you for all your help.
-Brandon

I checked out that rig in person a few weeks ago. Not the best choice IMOP. Needs a lot of stuff including axle seals and had a few oil leaks. The same dealer had a '93 one owner with lockers in great shape that could be had for about $7000-7500. Emerald green with tan interior. Very nice.

tunerdude said:
-Brandon

I have a 66 Plymouth that I am finally getting ready to sell. :crybaby:

If you don't absolutely need to, I would not part ways with a 67 cam. :cool:

You might kick yourself for the rest of your life. :eek:

Just my 02. :grinpimp:

-Brandon[/QUOTE]
I sold my 72 camero 10 years ago, it's worth a hell of alot more now.

Bryan062087 said:
i dont understand..if the switch is there how can it not have lockers? unless they removed them for some weird reason

Although rare, in the past, people on the forum have come across 80s with the locker switch on rigs with no lockers. These switches may have been installed because the owner planned to follow with an ARB locker install or an OEM locker retrofit, or as a way to increase his asking price.

First off, DO NOT SELL YOUR CAMERO!!! That would just be stupid to sell a car that's going up in value fairly quickly for one that won't till your grandchildren are born!

Second, that rig for $11k isn't an insane price... They all need some work, have it checked out and use the resaults as a bargining tool.

As for the lockers, people don't know their s*** when you ask. Make sure the door code is 294 and not 292! Just ask them without even telling em why...

I think you would have to be extremely desperate to sell a 67 Camaro. Don't do it man! 67's aren't just lying around. If its any decent shape at all it will be worth some good coin and appreciating daily.
You can park it in my garage if you want :D

sonoranfun said:
As for the lockers, people don't know their s*** when you ask. Make sure the door code is 294 and not 292! Just ask them without even telling em why...

The 294 code is a good thing to check, but I would not just rely on that code to determine if it has lockers. Some people do axles swap, so be careful with the 294 code. You could get a 294 code with no lockers.

medtro said:
The 294 code is a good thing to check, but I would not just rely on that code to determine if it has lockers. Some people do axles swap, so be careful with the 294 code. You could get a 294 code with no lockers.

EXACTLY what I have said several times. K294 means that the door was fitted to a vehicle with diff locks when it was built. It IS NOT a guarantee.

Yeah. thats what I have been hoping is that someone did not do an axle swap. Maybe Ill look around some more. How much is it to convert to ARB's in the future?

BTW, this will be my first 4x4 that I will own that will see offroad. So in the future I will be asking a million questions.

-Thanks for all the advice.

lockers or just the switch

Bryan062087 said:

There have been people who added the switch, since it is cheap, to make people think that it really has the lockers (rotary switch to the left of the steering wheel). You need to look under the vehicle and also operate it. When you turn on the ignition, the lights should come on too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom