Looking at this 80, need some input please (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
comp.uark.edu
Hey all. I'm strongly considering this FJ80. If I were serious about buying it, what do you all think would be an appropriate price? Or do you think the 12,700 is sufficient enough and he just needs to come down a bit and accept that price? I did contact him, and it does also have front and rear locking diffs. Can someone enlighten me as to what exactly a 40th anniversary has over a regular 97LC?

Thanks,
Kyle

[quote author=Kyle link=board=2;threadid=6350;start=msg51223#msg51223 date=1066242860]
Hey all. I'm strongly considering this FJ80. If I were serious about buying it, what do you all think would be an appropriate price? Or do you think the 12,700 is sufficient enough and he just needs to come down a bit and accept that price? I did contact him, and it does also have front and rear locking diffs. Can someone enlighten me as to what exactly a 40th anniversary has over a regular 97LC?

Thanks,
Kyle
[/quote]

it's got an auto climate control you'll curse daily --

-- got pics??

I did look at 97 40th Ann edition when I was shopping for LC. Big thing is the Auto Climate control which I heard lots of complaint about. Major difference, two tone leather, side moulding, 40th Ann badge, auto climate, I think.
Consider std LC. Some people jack up the price just because it is ann edition/collector edition.

That being said, I would like some input from you all about what would be a good or at least a fair deal on this vehicle. No, I don't care if it's a 40th anniversary, and will not pay any extra for it over a std. model. Only reason I'm considering this one is because it's owned by an individual, not a car dealer, and because it's not too far away from where I live. If someone could say what would be a fair deal on this one, I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

[quote author=Kyle link=board=2;threadid=6350;start=msg51272#msg51272 date=1066251886]
That being said, I would like some input from you all about what would be a good or at least a fair deal on this vehicle. No, I don't care if it's a 40th anniversary, and will not pay any extra for it over a std. model. Only reason I'm considering this one is because it's owned by an individual, not a car dealer, and because it's not too far away from where I live. If someone could say what would be a fair deal on this one, I'd appreciate it. Thanks!
[/quote]

Man, so basically what you are saying is, you want somebody in internet land to tell you to buy this truck? ::)

It seems clean enough but the person selling it has no history on eBay.
It's a southern truck but the listing is vague to say the least. It could be a gem then again it could be a lemon. Don't leave this decision up to people you don't know.

If I were serious about buying this truck I would first run a car fax report. If that panned out I would then hire a local auto inspection service to do the dirty work for me. If it's not that far away from you just go look at it.

All that being said if it has lockers and it is as clean as he says it is then 12700 is definitely too low. You can't fault him for wanting to get more for it. Say 14 to 18000 depending on the true condition and service history or lack thereof.

Generally, individual's who are selling their vehicles for the first time don't have much Ebay feedback, if any. I'm not close enough to go look at it just for giggles unfortunately. It's about 8 hours away from me, so it would be a full day's adventure. ASSUMING that all is well with this vehicle (I'm waiting on an e-mail from him), including a decent service history, no abnormal wear, or anything else out of the ordinary, I was wondering what would be a fair price. I know someone around here has been in the market relatively lately. I would just like to draw on the experience of those who have been looking around lately. Let's say if I could get this vehicle for below 14,000 and it was in AVERAGE condition, (which I think it certainly is at least) would this be a fair deal? Not trying to be vague here, I just have never even DRIVEN or been in a Landcruiser of this model... i take that back, i rode in a 92 once, but I'm just looking for all the help I can find. I've of course gone out and looked at KBB and Edmunds, but nothing is better than getting first hand knowledge from those who own this vehicle and live and breath its very existence. :p

[quote author=Kyle link=board=2;threadid=6350;start=msg51304#msg51304 date=1066256764]
Let's say if I could get this vehicle for below 14,000 and it was in AVERAGE condition, (which I think it certainly is at least) would this be a fair deal? [/quote]

Yes! Good Luck though.

I bought a '97 with 98k and lockers recently and paid $16k for it in NC. It was in great condition and was a one owner with all service records from the local Toyota dealer. If you could get it for $14k, I think you would be getting a good deal as long it is as described.
Brian

I bought mine 1994 FZJ, 133k miles on ebay.....$9150. no lockers tho. Who needs lockers anyway!

Who needs lockers anyway!
:flipoff2: ME!!!!! It's a must. If there are factory lockers offered on a vehicle, and I'm buying a used one, you better believe it's gonna have lockers. :D

I'm speaking with the buyer right now Via E-mails. He didn't sell it on the auction. I'm trying to get more specifics out of him so I can find out more detailed information on it. IF all works out i may go look at it next weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom