looking at a 94 need your thoughts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I guess it depends on what your plans are. Underbody doesn't look too bad. You can clean alot of it up as you perform PM and/or upgrade. The body cancers would concern me as body work is a PITA for DIY'ers and expensive in shops. Also consider the condition of other LC's for sale in your area. Are they all in the same condition? Or can you wait for a better conditioned one even though it will cost more.

I would pass but then again I am in california. ;p

Old thread revival. So this guy still has this LC and its just been sitting. Now wants $1750 for it. I am going to assume I should jump on it this time

If the rust is not to bad then grab it. But count on a honest 3000 in pm. Full collant system, full brake system, full birfield, all normal plugs, wires, filters, fluids and so on. If you can't do it yourself you will spend a fortion. But if you just sink the cash and do it all at once you will save so much time and money.

While you have it all apart I would add in a set of inexpensive Fox 2.0 and springs of your choice. Trust me and everyone else and just dive in and do it all at once or you will be taking things apart multiple times.

Add to my other post gaskets like sparkplugs gaskets, distributer, valve cover and front main. It will be easy with the radiator out.

I live in STL and have done all PM jobs on my 96 in my driveway. Let me know if you need some local advice.

Cool. I got one month ago. California rig and rust free for $1450. I am rebuilding it and its got 329K miles on it. Averaged about 15K miles per year. Look for my build thread for all the work I plan to do and some already done. I got same color and will be repainting it to something red and black wheels. I am third owner.

I ended up buying the 94, now its time to get to work.

What' is that "Thing"?
Wonder which is slower?

Drop that trailer hitch and have it powder coated or it will be gone soon.
Invest in 2 gallons of Fluid Film and Sprayer (Zoro on Ebay ships free).

I have seen that hitch many times before. The tire carrier and frame expecially on exhaust side look much the same or worse. To have the rust repaired would be cost prohibitive, and to do It right most men wouldn't spend the copious amount of time necessary to repair the damage. A lot of It will reappear, rust Is a deal breaker for me. Good Luck..! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom