Looking at 2003 LX with 157k. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking at a 2003 LX470 with a shade over 157k in Washington NC. Is there anyone local that would be willing to stop by and give a looksee? Current owner says timing belt hasnt been done and he pics i have seen seem pretty promising. Other option is if there is a decent Land Cruiser Mechanic in the area to have a PPI done. I live about 4 hours away so trying to avoid a wasted trip. Anything specific i should be looking at with this one?

That's an area that's pretty lacking in regular ONSC members. There are some folks that pop in here sometimes that might have local knowledge, though. My memory isn't so good right now but I think @Marine7 might be able to offer some suggestions. I just tagged him with that mention, so he'll likely post up if he has any advice. Best of luck with the truck search.

Looking at a 2003 LX470 with a shade over 157k in Washington NC. Is there anyone local that would be willing to stop by and give a looksee? Current owner says timing belt hasnt been done and he pics i have seen seem pretty promising. Other option is if there is a decent Land Cruiser Mechanic in the area to have a PPI done. I live about 4 hours away so trying to avoid a wasted trip. Anything specific i should be looking at with this one?
I don’t have an answer for you ...but wonder if you also saw my 1974 Land Cruiser for sale ?

I’m in Wilmington, about an hour, hour and half from Washington. Off the top of my head I can’t think of anyone in that area. Funny thing is, I WAS just over there last week looking at an O/B motor for my small boat! Uuggghhh!
I wish I could help! You know anyone Lumbee1?

Just for the record, it's "Lil' Wahsington" or people from the area won't even know where you are talking about ;) Sorry I can't help, and can't think of anyone in the immediate area.

Just for the record, it's "Lil' Wahsington" or people from the area won't even know where you are talking about ;) Sorry I can't help, and can't think of anyone in the immediate area.
Exactly..... Lil’ Washington

so is the Toyota dealership there decent to do an inspection?
Lol..... I doubt it! They just got indoor plumbing within the last year or so! That is the “land before time”! Lol

Well that's super confidence inspiring if they have done any of the work previously...

LOL. Actually good, honest people out there from what I’ve seen, and/or dealt with. As far as nearest Dealership? I would think New Bern would be the closest. Not sure. New Bern <might> be big enough that they have a dedicated “off-road” guru..... whether that helps or not, idk. Good luck, if I can find anything out I’ll post it up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom