Wanted Long shot --- I know... Bed side wheel wells (flaired area) wanted (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

No sir............................... still hunting
My sides were trashed by rust. I made a set of flares from a hammer form and plan on adding them to new steel I had bent up for the sides. I used 18ga for the flares and it went pretty well. They're not perfect, but close enough. Might be an option.

IMG_20230609_194726.jpg

IMG_20230614_181016.jpg

My sides were trashed by rust. I made a set of flares from a hammer form and plan on adding them to new steel I had bent up for the sides. I used 18ga for the flares and it went pretty well. They're not perfect, but close enough. Might be an option.

View attachment 3589467

View attachment 3589479
Wow....... very nice.....packing myself a lunch and headed up your way..... how long to complete.... have to be back for dinner...lol. Im afraid God didnt gift me with skills he gave you....... Nice work

Thanks. I am really surprised how well it went. I was in the same situation, trying to figure out how to replicate the flares, when I saw a couple of YouTube videos on hammer forming (Make it Kustom). Thought, why not give it a try. I made a simple form from 3/8" round bar and flat stock and used a ball peen hammer for the most part. Nothing fancy.

IMG_20230609_172004.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom