Lokar Shifter Choice (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am looking for suggestions on which Lokar Shifter should be used for my 700R4 tranny.
I am not at a point in which measuring would help me determine the shifter length or bends.
I am hoping for suggestions on what has been done in the past by you.
Pictures of completed jobs would be awesome!
Thanks

This style works well in my 55 with a 700R4
IMG_0005.jpg
IMG_0004.jpg
IMG_0003.jpg

Which length or model number is this one?

Use the Lokar. MUCH smoother and more durable than the B&M shifters. (Ask me how I know)

OK. What I was hoping to get here was the model number or style Lokar shifter I should be using. NOT confirmation that Lokar (brand) is the right choice.
Lokar offers many different options with length and bends for the 700R4. I need to know which one exactly works best and why.
Thanks in advance

This is what I got for my 40

Lokar, Automatic Shifter, GM, 700R4, 16 in. Stick Length, single bend, Original Black Aluminum Knob p/n:ATS6700BB

I find it to be just the right length and is somewhat similiar in style to the stock shifter IIRC.

OK. What I was hoping to get here was the model number or style Lokar shifter I should be using. NOT confirmation that Lokar (brand) is the right choice.
Lokar offers many different options with length and bends for the 700R4. I need to know which one exactly works best and why.
Thanks in advance

And other than one post that is what you were getting.

A lot of folks like the single bend. I gave you a pic of the double bend because I like that one. Length is really up to you. I like the hot rod look of a bit longer shifter. Others like them lower. The best bet is to sit in the seat and put your hand out where you would like it to sit and have a helper measure to the floor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom