Locating (hidden) captive nuts for ARB rear drawer install Heritage Edition (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I was concerned how to locate these nuts in an earlier post.

ARB drawers use (four) nuts welded under the rear body floor to secure the drawers with 10mm bolts. I suppose other drawer systems use these same nuts with the 10mm bolts for security. These nuts are part of the 3rd row seat hardware and are typically visible. My Heritage has no 3rd row and no visible nuts. I did contact ARB and was emailed instructions that included vehicle specific sections. The same instructions were also included with the drawers when delivered. Included with the hardware is 2 small templates used to locate the nut locations. You line up the templates with visible reference points to mark where to drill. Sounds easy. But a leap of faith drilling into my new cruiser! There are non-US variants of the 200 series that do not come with the 3rd row so I figured it would be just fine. The holes towards the front ended up very close to a floorboard AC duct. But the nuts were there and I was careful to not bung up the threads. Used a center-punch, small drill bit and (two) shapes of die grinder bits. Once you can see the nut you can adjust the hole to align over the nut. Refit the carpet and factory rubber mat with the bolts protruding. The rest of the drawer install should be no prob. I thought this and some pictures may take away some of the unknowns for others. Actually very easy... once you get past the 4th nut.

28ECC337-3ED4-41DA-B5F7-D3A51188ED96.jpeg

01E16F93-B63D-404F-9FC1-E34A65FAF0F6.jpeg

2BB5E098-C573-4FC3-B61E-5B408C773C69.jpeg

77B9EA6B-CE8E-46C2-9CEA-278BBF4BC663.jpeg

C9D5F3C2-3A3F-49C7-B72D-CED787CDE195.jpeg

I was concerned how to locate these nuts in an earlier post.

ARB drawers use (four) nuts welded under the rear body floor to secure the drawers with 10mm bolts. I suppose other drawer systems use these same nuts with the 10mm bolts for security. These nuts are part of the 3rd row seat hardware and are typically visible. My Heritage has no 3rd row and no visible nuts. I did contact ARB and was emailed instructions that included vehicle specific sections. The same instructions were also included with the drawers when delivered. Included with the hardware is 2 small templates used to locate the nut locations. You line up the templates with visible reference points to mark where to drill. Sounds easy. But a leap of faith drilling into my new cruiser! There are non-US variants of the 200 series that do not come with the 3rd row so I figured it would be just fine. The holes towards the front ended up very close to a floorboard AC duct. But the nuts were there and I was careful to not bung up the threads. Used a center-punch, small drill bit and (two) shapes of die grinder bits. Once you can see the nut you can adjust the hole to align over the nut. Refit the carpet and factory rubber mat with the bolts protruding. The rest of the drawer install should be no prob. I thought this and some pictures may take away some of the unknowns for others. Actually very easy... once you get past the 4th nut.

View attachment 2379721

View attachment 2379722

View attachment 2379723

View attachment 2379724

View attachment 2379725

E22665EC-F2F0-4C0D-BF46-52383DCCD0B6.jpeg

FD5B5F7E-CFDC-49A7-B7AC-444A894B502C.jpeg

0ACEA381-6EC7-4FC0-A424-4480D3417C49.jpeg

72B53634-3AFD-4595-AC3F-F238B8C79F84.jpeg

CEA7629C-1CB4-4D6A-AB42-DEF57859140E.jpeg

Maybe silly question, but did you leave the rubber mat in for a reason? I installed drawers on my 2008 and HE last few days directly on top of carpet.. removed rubber mat on both.
Well... I guess it was for protection from marks & spills on the rug.. it added a bit more thickness between that AC duct and the drawers... also some floor covering for things stored in the side compartments (shackles, receiver hitch, compressor, etc) and it covered the space behind the 2nd row seats. I’m sure I overthought it but there ya go!

Well... I guess it was for protection from marks & spills on the rug.. it added a bit more thickness between that AC duct and the drawers... also some floor covering for things stored in the side compartments (shackles, receiver hitch, compressor, etc) and it covered the space behind the 2nd row seats. I’m sure I overthought it but there ya go!
Good call and unfortunately to late for me to do the same ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom