locals in the NW (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just wondering how many locals to the Portland/Vancouver area we have. Also any one else be out doing cookies in the vancouver mall parking lot today like I was earlier(gotta love the rear diff lock!!) Six inches of snow sure makes it fun to drive a TLC!! How much snow do the other locals have? Brad?

In the back yard it looks like a foot, but I think some of that is left over. By the end of the day, I logged over 200 miles. Longview/Kalama/Portland/Etc.. Had tons of fun. I know that the Nittos might not have the sidewalls for serious rock work, but DAMN those things work great in snow and ice. Cruise on over, the weather's great!!! ;)

I had to fully lock this am to get out of my driveway and up the street. walked in into the office in the "couve" and man it is slick (need my lap top to work from home)

I'm going to call in and see if meals on wheels needs help. I'll have to chain up but hey some folks really need the help.
I figure I can get place most rigs can't if I go slow enough :D
andre

[quote author=floatinghat link=board=2;threadid=9757;start=msg86196#msg86196 date=1073497217]
I had to fully lock this am to get out of my driveway and up the street. walked in into the office in the "couve" and man it is slick (need my lap top to work from home)
andre
[/quote]

No worries for me this AM. I swear it's the Nittos. Just over 200 miles yesterday, and I'll have about that today. Shot over to Portland this morning, got a ship up in Longview this afternoon, then another in Kalama. No worries... This ice and snow "event" is OWNED by the Landcruiser. Actually enjoying it. You shoulda seen all the less capable 4WD's like Ford Crapxpeditions and Exploders struggling thru it today. Classic.

[quote author=ppc link=board=2;threadid=9757;start=msg86015#msg86015 date=1073452541]
Cookies? Don't you mean donuts?
[/quote]

It's a Pacific Northwest term. Same meaning as donuts, different word.

Cary

[quote author=cary link=board=2;threadid=9757;start=msg86227#msg86227 date=1073501308]
It's a Pacific Northwest term. Same meaning as donuts, different word.

Cary
[/quote]

Cary is as correct as if replying to an oil question. :beer: Yes, it is local verbage which can be used in either iteration.

1) To DO donuts

2) To CUT cookies.

Same meaning.... just a bunch of fun for those lucky enough to have locking diffs and can lock up the rears and spin away.

Today it's icy as hell and just about anybody can "cut cookies". ;)

not more than 2" of snow in bellingham this morning but I did have a nice 1/2" crsut of ice completely covering the pig this morning. half an hour later and half a can of propane in the little torch and I was in and deiced the windows.
Dave
Missing dry utah snowy season.

Yeah my rig was a ball of ice this morning-pitfall to being so big IT WON'T FIT IN THE GARAGE!! Unless I air down and slide my crossbars all the way forward. Took me about 30mins to thaw the rig and be able to drive. Slick as hell but the TLC rocks and running 315/75's doesn't hurt either!! I made it over to Portland and all over the couve just fine, love to see the inexperienced drivers fighting driving in this weather!!
Sorry, didn't realize 'cookies' was an unknown word, as far as I've heard anything round -cookie/doughnut was the same. And I did more 'dougnuts' (intentionally) then Crispy Creme makes in a day!!

this was tuesday morning, by the time it stoped be had 6-8"+

the 60 rocks in the snow, the 40's are a bit dicey.
42215811.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom