Local Manual Transmission Rebuilders (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I need to see if there any good local transmission rebuilders to fix my screw up with the nv4500. Want to weigh financial /quality options between ordering one from out of state or not. Any recommendations?

When I had a question on my auto transmission for the 100 Edwin and company sent me to Eagle Transmission up North ((512) 298-6984).

They were knowledgeable and took their time to walk me through options and pros/cons. I ended up deciding to run it till it explodes vs. do the work b/c I'm cheap. I would consider them if I did rebuild vs. dropping a "new" in

Yeah, I used Eagle on the 700r4 that was on the 4BT80. It eventually went out again on the new owner. Eagle did warranty it and fixed the issue.

The worst case is that you'll need new gears and synchros. That will add up fast. I'd be looking around the pick and pulls to see if you could find an NV4500 in good condition.

When I had a question on my auto transmission for the 100 Edwin and company sent me to Eagle Transmission up North ((512) 298-6984).

They were knowledgeable and took their time to walk me through options and pros/cons. I ended up deciding to run it till it explodes vs. do the work b/c I'm cheap. I would consider them if I did rebuild vs. dropping a "new" in
I will call them

Yeah, I used Eagle on the 700r4 that was on the 4BT80. It eventually went out again on the new owner. Eagle did warranty it and fixed the issue.

The worst case is that you'll need new gears and synchros. That will add up fast. I'd be looking around the pick and pulls to see if you could find an NV4500 in good condition.
I checked LKQ, nothing but automatics, going t Wrench a Part later today

Wrench a part has one but it is 2wd, I believe the Advance adapter will only work with the 4wd version of the nv4500

Would be worth sending AA an email to find out. I wonder if you could use the gears/guts out of it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom