LJ78 - Fan clutch part #? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi folks, I have a 1991 Land Cruiser LJ78 with a 2L-TE engine and 150F manual trans. I am looking for the Fan Clutch Part#. Based on some advice, I bought a AISIN FTC-025, but it too small. an Australian seller said GMB NFC-62 should fit, but it is the same size as the AISIN FTC-025. Do you know what the part # should be for my cruiser? I called Cruiser Outfitters, and they do not have the part in stock. Their part# is FAN-54200. Thanks for the help in advance.

Note: I have tried to ask for help in other threads, and I am always criticized for being in the wrong thread, so I created a new one. I hope I am not violating any rules or norms....asking for your forgiveness in advance 🤔 I am desperate for the fan clutch. Have a great day.

Hi folks, I have a 1991 Land Cruiser LJ78 with a 2L-TE engine and 150F manual trans. I am looking for the Fan Clutch Part#. Based on some advice, I bought a AISIN FTC-025, but it too small. an Australian seller said GMB NFC-62 should fit, but it is the same size as the AISIN FTC-025. Do you know what the part # should be for my cruiser? I called Cruiser Outfitters, and they do not have the part in stock. Their part# is FAN-54200. Thanks for the help in advance.

Note: I have tried to ask for help in other threads, and I am always criticized for being in the wrong thread, so I created a new one. I hope I am not violating any rules or norms....asking for your forgiveness in advance 🤔 I am desperate for the fan clutch. Have a great day.

I would contact the team over at @cruiseroutfit as they will have Aisin/Toyota cross-reference PNs and more than likely will have the correct part in stock. And they are in SLC, so not too far away from you.

I would contact the team over at @cruiseroutfit as they will have Aisin/Toyota cross-reference PNs and more than likely will have the correct part in stock. And they are in SLC, so not too far away from you.
I called cruiser outfitters. They don't have the part in stock at the moment, and was not firm on when the new stock will arrive. They provided the their own part# FAN-54200 but not the AISIN part#. I asked.

I called cruiser outfitters. They don't have the part in stock at the moment, and was not firm on when the new stock will arrive. They provided the their own part# FAN-54200 but not the AISIN part#. I asked.

Right... I was downstairs and don't have all of the application guides on the retail computers. The FAN54200 is the FCT-029, we have 2 on standing back-order with AISIN, no ETA on when we will see them as they are coming out of Japan. Hope that helps!

any reason you are after a replacement?

original ones are worth pulling apart and refilling with some silicon oil 10,000cst(hobby shop from RC cars) works a treat!
during my troubleshooting to isolate the overheating, I tried many things. One of them was to refill withe 10,000 oil. did not help. then I drilled a hole, and placed a bolt through the clutch so that the fan would be on all the time. That did not help either 😢hence the need for a replacement. thank you, Dari.

That did not help either 😢hence the need for a replacement.

How is your radiator, does it build pressure? Is the shroud attached, good radiator cap?

and I am always criticized for being in the wrong thread,

You are always better off going to the diesel forum for engine related queries.

How is your radiator, does it build pressure? Is the shroud attached, good radiator cap?

You are always better off going to the diesel forum for engine related queries.
I have another thread for that. During my troubleshooting, I replaced the radiator cap, the thermostat, got a radiator shop to test the radiator, etc. removed the head last weekend. It’s cracked between the valves, every cylinder. A head is on order. Hope the new head can go on next weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom