Lj78 (2LT) oil pressure (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Good day fellow cruiser gurus, im just curious if this oil pressure during idle reading is still acceptable, or does it mean it needs rebuild soon... I know it is nt really accurate as putting an aftermarket gauge. The engine is just the 2LT (mechanical pumP) with about 207k kms on the clock. No abnormal smoke yet out of the the tail pipe, but the reading seems low. Oil level is also checked at correct level. The oil pressure goes up though when accelerating or giving throttle

DSC_2997.JPG

DSC_2999.JPG

You dont need much oil pressure when idling, you need it at high rpm. If you are unsure, get the oil pressure tested using the specs in the manual. But I think you are ok.

The oil pressure senders do wear out over time. Try a new one and see if it changes your reading. Your LJ does read lower than mine.

I also recommend replacing the pressure sending unit. Mine read low just like yours. When I replaced the sending unit the readings came back up to midrange.

Good day fellow cruiser gurus, im just curious if this oil pressure during idle reading is still acceptable, or does it mean it needs rebuild soon... I know it is nt really accurate as putting an aftermarket gauge. The engine is just the 2LT (mechanical pumP) with about 207k kms on the clock. No abnormal smoke yet out of the the tail pipe, but the reading seems low. Oil level is also checked at correct level. The oil pressure goes up though when accelerating or giving throttle

View attachment 2593818

View attachment 2593819
I have the same rate on my HD-T
Idle cold1/2
idle hot 1/4,
running hot 1/2 max.

With new pressure sensor and check with other gauge.

Sensor 8352060011
Gauge

Better test with a regular manometer.

Another situation is the level of the temperature gauge. The original instrument cluster was without a tachometer and hot running at 3/8. I bought one on eBay and the arrow doesn't go up more than 1/8.

Screenshot_20210221-160415.png

Specs for the 2L-T are 4.3 psi minimum at idle and 43-78 psi at 3000 rpm.

Thanks for the inputs guys.. Will try to look at changing the oil sensor, it probably is still the original one that came with the engine. Good to know it is not something critical yet (I hope) as it is my daily work horse. It has been with me during insurgency and now covid days working at the hospital.

Will try to look at changing the oil sensor, it probably is still the original one that came with the engine

Its the same as about 300-400 toyotas from similar years. No difference between petrol or diesel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom