LJ70 Central Locking (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My door locks used to work no problem but now I am unable to lock the doors when using the central locking remote which also activates the alarm. The alarm still activates however the doors do not lock. This is only affecting the locking as the unlocking is still working no problems. This problem is also apparent when using the locking/unlocking switch in the drivers door panel.

Anybody able to shed some light onto what may be causing this and how I correct the problem? I have checked fuses and locked into the control on the drivers side but all appears to be OK.
Thanks

When Petra's HJ61 exhibited the same symptoms (as well as really slow windows) I took apart the lock control, and found the contacts were carboned up. Cleaned them up, slight scuff with emery cloth, and all has been good. btw, did the same with the master window control rockers and that is vastly improved too.

hth's

gb

skylark_za said:
My door locks used to work no problem but now I am unable to lock the doors when using the central locking remote which also activates the alarm. The alarm still activates however the doors do not lock. This is only affecting the locking as the unlocking is still working no problems. This problem is also apparent when using the locking/unlocking switch in the drivers door panel.

Anybody able to shed some light onto what may be causing this and how I correct the problem? I have checked fuses and locked into the control on the drivers side but all appears to be OK.
Thanks
if it is anything like mine then the remote works... sometimes...
never worried about it so i can't help yah...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom