Limiting strap (SOA setup) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone running a limiting strap of the rear of there SOA 60? I have had my suspension unload on me enough to break traction on down hill attacks. SOoooo is anyone running one, I am thinking about trying one out after some butt puckering good trails...

-Al :beer:

I don't understand what the problem is. Is it that there is too much weight transferring to the front axle therefore making the rear light allowing it to slide?

What would the limiting strap do? Keep some weight from transferring to the front?

:beer:

it would have to be centered, and maybe you could disconnect it somehow for normal wheeling, and hook it up for the downhills.....make somethin fancy :bounce:

A limiting strap from my understanding does not limit articulation, it just stops the springs from unloading.

BAsically you run a center strap from the frame to the axle. You can probably use the shock x member as a body side mount. Run as little slack in it as you can get away with. A center limit strap will not hinder articulation, both tires will still be allowed to flex up and down. But it will reduce wheel hop (by keeping pressure on the axle under wheel hop you can almost reduce it completly) and stop the rear end from unloading on steep decents.
Just about any go fast off road store (sandrail, buggy etc) shoudl have them in stock. They typically run about $15 a piece.

Or you can woody it and get a chain.. Which is adjustable and will allow you to figure out how long the strap needs to be..
But is ghetto..
;)

I will be rigging one up shortly ;)

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "unloading"... more info please.

Unloading is a common habit of SOA trucks.

When you put the cruiser into a nose down situation you lighten the load on the rear end. This allows the springs (and track bar typically) to "push" the rear end up a bit.

Picture driving down hill and having the butt of your truck trying to do a headstand....

Mace said:
Unloading is a common habit of SOA trucks.

When you put the cruiser into a nose down situation you lighten the load on the rear end. This allows the springs (and track bar typically) to "push" the rear end up a bit.

Picture driving down hill and having the butt of your truck trying to do a headstand....

you are wise oh mace one.
i think thats gonna be a mod sooner than i thought.......
even after disagreeing originally :D

2badfjs said:
For $8.00 worth of chain and some tabs I think it is a good idea ;)

2badfjs said:

Yeah, Mace hits the nail on the head every once in a while ;)

GLTHFJ60 said:
Definately a good idea. Would you just weld it to the axle?

Weld a tab to the axle, Then you can change the length of the chain/strap every so often.

And I am not wise. This is something that has been done for a couple of years now ;) Besides, I typically learn by doing EVERYTHING WRONG the first 5 attempts or so ;)

quote mace / Besides, I typically learn by doing EVERYTHING WRONG the first 5 attempts or so

you and me both brother!!!! ;)

I should join that club as well!

I like the idea. Kinda like the systems that they have on monster trucks?

Same idea, right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom