Limited Leveling Kit ... ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi. Noobie to overlanding, 4runners, and working on 4x4s.
I have a 2012 4runner that is new-to-me and I want to get rid of the rake. I also don't want to mess with diff extensions. But I do want something that isn't going to crack on me or be more trouble than it's worth.
I was hoping that someone could help me with some questions.

1. I was reading that leveling actually helps the vehicle handle better in inclement weather. Is that true? Seems off.
2. Is it worth it to just do a limited leveling kit - just bring up the front? I don't need a lot of lift but I would like more clearance in the front.
3. Any advice on whether or not this is a good route to go? Amazon product ASIN B0064U7IIW
Thanks for helping a noob out!

I have a 2012 4runner that is new-to-me and I want to get rid of the rake. I also don't want to mess with diff extensions. But I do want something that isn't going to crack on me or be more trouble than it's worth.

1. I was reading that leveling actually helps the vehicle handle better in inclement weather. Is that true? Seems off.
2. Is it worth it to just do a limited leveling kit - just bring up the front? I don't need a lot of lift but I would like more clearance in the front.
3. Any advice on whether or not this is a good route to go? Amazon product ASIN B0064U7IIW
I have a 2010 limited. I put a lift and level kit. I run 255/80/17 with no problems

6744ED6F-17FE-4B57-907C-ADC8FA3A767E.jpeg

I would just do cornfed 1” spacers up front- they go above the coil over and they cost $50/set. It doesn’t have any downsides, is really straight forward install and improves both clearance and down travel for better off road performance. Toyota actually sells an OEM one just like this for the 200 series Land Cruiser so you know it’s not going to cause any issues to have these on the truck.

Here’s what I’ve got on my truck and glad I do:

1" Front only kit $49

This guys does an amazing job of explaining how the spacer will work towards the end of the Part 2 video below. I recommend that everyone watches all of Kai’s videos. He is the best for understanding our trucks.

Part I

Part II

This what I used. Amazon product ASIN B006ZWOCZ64 years in Eastern Canada salt bombardment with no defects so far.

Strut does not need compressing for install.

And here’s my truck after the 1” front only cornfed spacer install wearing 255/75r17 K02 tires:

0F611473-7817-49D0-A28C-C6E94B6EF356.jpeg
A13F55DD-2D21-488F-9C12-0FB8DB6E206D.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom