Lights: I'm in the dark here!

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by Iron_Pig, Sep 1, 2003.

1. Iron_Pig

Iron_Pig

An electrician I'm not. Once again,everything worked fine BEFORE the 8 month rebuild. But this time I changed something.
    The front fender lights on my '78 FJ40 were removed and replaced with a Napa #1150-A bus light. Looks cool but doesn't go blinky,blinky ??? It's a one-element bulb. Someone mentioned it may work if I just changed to a 2-element bulb.
    Secondly, my tail lights were replaced with the round Napa Stop/Tail lights. They don't brighten when brakes are applied and they also don't go blinky,blinky.
    I replaced the headlights with Napa H-6054...THEY WORK!!!

Basically, all the lights come on when I pull the switch on but they don't get any blinking or brightening (braking) when brakes or turn signals are applied. ???

2. ScarboDP

ScarboDP

I had the same problem with my lights not brightening or going blinky, blinky as you say. With me it was just that I had the turn signal wires hooked up wrong and the rear tail lights, on one side the wires were backwards. Anyway, as I remember it was the difference in like one or two wires being switched then everything worked. Hope it helps.

3. godzilla

godzilla

Try a heavy duty flasher or check your connections via a voltmeter. I have generic tailights and never had a problem.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.