Lift Kit that feels most like Factory? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I can verify that the 2020 stock suspension is a bolt on to a 2013. I installed a set of takeoffs on my 2013 at the buyers preference before I sold it. It rode like a new vehicle.

Any year traditional (not AHC) 200 series suspension should bolt on.

I’d be happy to let you and her drive our 200, but we’re a long way away in Vermont.

I can verify that the 2020 stock suspension is a bolt on to a 2013. I installed a set of takeoffs on my 2013 at the buyers preference before I sold it. It rode like a new vehicle.

Any year traditional (not AHC) 200 series suspension should bolt on.

I’d be happy to let you and her drive our 200, but we’re a long way away in Vermont.

Maybe I can use this as an excuse for a nice long weekend trip! Thanks for the info.

Contact @Eric Sarjeant since he is selling so many new cruisers that get modified. Or just keep an eye out for people posting new rigs with plans for mods. I think you’d be surprised how available this stuff is.

Or even post a wanted ad in the classifieds.

Also, if you are getting complete suspension consider throwing on the take-off UCAs as well. Most people doing lifts will go aftermarket. This will get you fresh upper ball joints and bushings.

This may be a stupid question but if you’re getting a lean due to KDSS imbalance, won’t that remain with a new suspension? Kdss lean is usually an inch or less and hardly noticeable. Are there other problems with the existing suspension?

This may be a stupid question but if you’re getting a lean due to KDSS imbalance, won’t that remain with a new suspension? Kdss lean is usually an inch or less and hardly noticeable. Are there other problems with the existing suspension?

The truck had a lean when we purchased it, so I'm technically still tracking down the cause. I did the KDSS trick to purposely preload the system to level the vehicle, and it did the trick for a short period. The lean came back just like before. So then I did the method of opening them up and driving around some to let it fully balance itself. This has worked better, but the lean seems to be creeping back in.

After reading everything on how the system works, I do agree with others that the problem likely isn't in the KDSS but rather in the suspension. I do however know that replacing the suspension could result in still having a lean, I'm just not sure what else to do.

The lean is either KDSS or the suspension or both, unless there is a weight imbalance in the truck. Fixing the KDSS lean should be a one-and-done. Maybe shocks are worn out? How big of a lean are you talking about?

It started at just over an inch front and rear. I haven't measured it this time, but it appears to be much more minimal. If it was at its current state before my wife ever saw the bad lean, we likely could live with it. But you can't unsee it now, so we can't.

The truck had a lean when we purchased it, so I'm technically still tracking down the cause. I did the KDSS trick to purposely preload the system to level the vehicle, and it did the trick for a short period. The lean came back just like before. So then I did the method of opening them up and driving around some to let it fully balance itself. This has worked better, but the lean seems to be creeping back in.

After reading everything on how the system works, I do agree with others that the problem likely isn't in the KDSS but rather in the suspension. I do however know that replacing the suspension could result in still having a lean, I'm just not sure what else to do.
I went down the KDSS lean worm hole and it will make you loose your hair. I was level in the front but over 1" low at the rear driver side. The Only long-term solution I found that eliminated a 1.25" lean was to swap rear springs. Having the longer spring from the rear passenger fuel tank side swapped to the rear driver side did the trick. Not the ideal solution but I am now level or within 1/4" depending on the day and fuel load. My lean was present when I was all stock with 80,000 miles on the truck and got noticeably worse after installing a lift. Been driving with the springs swapped for over 8,000 miles and all is good.

I have found that tinkering with the rear suspension like with spacers (trim packers) impacts the front height. Like increasing the rear driver spring height in turn lowers the front passenger height in relation to front driver side.

Maybe I can use this as an excuse for a nice long weekend trip! Thanks for the info.
To add fuel to the excuse, while on the way to Vermont you could stop by Rhode Island and drive mine as well. Heck, I expect you could line up test drives enroute for just about every lift out there. To sweeten the appeal, I have running boards and the old springs, shocks, and UCAs that you can cart off with you too. 😂

Rather creating a new thread I'll piggy back this old one if you don't mind...

So can the OEM spacers be installed on a AHC equipped LX? I got the impression it cannot.
If yes, someone mentioned above that the install is easy. How easy is it?
Same question for the rear 10/15mm spacers.
I could only find a video for rear spacers for an old LX470

Thanks!

Rather creating a new thread I'll piggy back this old one if you don't mind...

So can the OEM spacers be installed on a AHC equipped LX? I got the impression it cannot.
If yes, someone mentioned above that the install is easy. How easy is it?
Same question for the rear 10/15mm spacers.
I could only find a video for rear spacers for an old LX470

Thanks!

Sure can. Has the nice benefit of increasing suspension stroke also.

Thanks for the info. Looks like the perfect solution for me. I'll have to time it with AHC fluid change coming up in 20k.

For the rears should get them at all, 10, or 15 assuming getting the OEM front spacers? Is there any AHC work involved for the rears (I think not)?

This is exactly what I'm looking for. I have the OEM front spacers and just ordered 10MM for rear. Hoping for a modest lift and retention of factory ride. I plan to add 285-65-18 tires.
Did you install the rear spacers? How are they working out for you? Pics?

Like the original post, I'm looking to lift the front end maintaining factory ride after adding ARB bumper. This was added primarily for deer protection as I'm often driving at night in rural areas. The bumper seems to have dropped the front about an inch form stock height. Planning to add winch at some point as well. This rig sees mostly highway miles getting the bird dogs to their grounds in search of feathers. Have a solid axle cruiser for the other stuff off-road. Want to keep the 200 with that stock feel, level the front and be properly sprung. With spacers, are there stiffer springs to use with OEM shocks up front to compensate for the additional weight? What are my best options? Spacers w/ new springs or lift system like the Tough Dog offering some adjustability?

Thanks for the info. Looks like the perfect solution for me. I'll have to time it with AHC fluid change coming up in 20k.

For the rears should get them at all, 10, or 15 assuming getting the OEM front spacers? Is there any AHC work involved for the rears (I think not)?

Dont do spacers in the rear. There is no point. Just get new springs, you can get an oem set for $200-300. You can up your load handling too if you so wish.

Dont do spacers in the rear. There is no point. Just get new springs, you can get an oem set for $200-300. You can up your load handling too if you so wish.
Is your advice to both LX and LC? And do you say that because of safety concerns? I, for one, would like to cheap out on this (until go full on into a lift kit and assuming no safety issues) and am not concerned with increasing my load capacity (for now).

Is your advice to both LX and LC? And do you say that because of safety concerns? I, for one, would like to cheap out on this (until go full on into a lift kit and assuming no safety issues) and am not concerned with increasing my load capacity (for now).

Yes for the LX, specially yes on the LC that has many more suitable spring options available.
What are they charging for spacers? A couple hundred bucks for some second hand springs is a good deal to me and takes the same amount of labor to install.

Yes for the LX, specially yes on the LC that has many more suitable spring options available.
What are they charging for spacers? A couple hundred bucks for some second hand springs is a good deal to me and takes the same amount of labor to install.
Spacers are about $80 bucks a pair...plus $20 shipping.

Spacers are about $80 bucks a pair...plus $20 shipping.

I personally dont look at price but value. $100 for some plastic or $200 for actual real OEM springs is a no brainer to me.
But in real terms its "double" the price. I bet someone on MUD would even gift you their old springs.
I would but mine are the "soft" short LX pair and one has a hairline crack.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom