Lift Kit that feels most like Factory? (2 Viewers)

CharlieS

GOLD Star
I can verify that the 2020 stock suspension is a bolt on to a 2013. I installed a set of takeoffs on my 2013 at the buyers preference before I sold it. It rode like a new vehicle.

Any year traditional (not AHC) 200 series suspension should bolt on.

I’d be happy to let you and her drive our 200, but we’re a long way away in Vermont.

I can verify that the 2020 stock suspension is a bolt on to a 2013. I installed a set of takeoffs on my 2013 at the buyers preference before I sold it. It rode like a new vehicle.

Any year traditional (not AHC) 200 series suspension should bolt on.

I’d be happy to let you and her drive our 200, but we’re a long way away in Vermont.

Maybe I can use this as an excuse for a nice long weekend trip! Thanks for the info.

bloc

SILVER Star
Contact @Eric Sarjeant since he is selling so many new cruisers that get modified. Or just keep an eye out for people posting new rigs with plans for mods. I think you’d be surprised how available this stuff is.

Or even post a wanted ad in the classifieds.

bloc

SILVER Star
Also, if you are getting complete suspension consider throwing on the take-off UCAs as well. Most people doing lifts will go aftermarket. This will get you fresh upper ball joints and bushings.

This may be a stupid question but if you’re getting a lean due to KDSS imbalance, won’t that remain with a new suspension? Kdss lean is usually an inch or less and hardly noticeable. Are there other problems with the existing suspension?

This may be a stupid question but if you’re getting a lean due to KDSS imbalance, won’t that remain with a new suspension? Kdss lean is usually an inch or less and hardly noticeable. Are there other problems with the existing suspension?

The truck had a lean when we purchased it, so I'm technically still tracking down the cause. I did the KDSS trick to purposely preload the system to level the vehicle, and it did the trick for a short period. The lean came back just like before. So then I did the method of opening them up and driving around some to let it fully balance itself. This has worked better, but the lean seems to be creeping back in.

After reading everything on how the system works, I do agree with others that the problem likely isn't in the KDSS but rather in the suspension. I do however know that replacing the suspension could result in still having a lean, I'm just not sure what else to do.

The lean is either KDSS or the suspension or both, unless there is a weight imbalance in the truck. Fixing the KDSS lean should be a one-and-done. Maybe shocks are worn out? How big of a lean are you talking about?

It started at just over an inch front and rear. I haven't measured it this time, but it appears to be much more minimal. If it was at its current state before my wife ever saw the bad lean, we likely could live with it. But you can't unsee it now, so we can't.

TLC2013

SILVER Star
The truck had a lean when we purchased it, so I'm technically still tracking down the cause. I did the KDSS trick to purposely preload the system to level the vehicle, and it did the trick for a short period. The lean came back just like before. So then I did the method of opening them up and driving around some to let it fully balance itself. This has worked better, but the lean seems to be creeping back in.

After reading everything on how the system works, I do agree with others that the problem likely isn't in the KDSS but rather in the suspension. I do however know that replacing the suspension could result in still having a lean, I'm just not sure what else to do.
I went down the KDSS lean worm hole and it will make you loose your hair. I was level in the front but over 1" low at the rear driver side. The Only long-term solution I found that eliminated a 1.25" lean was to swap rear springs. Having the longer spring from the rear passenger fuel tank side swapped to the rear driver side did the trick. Not the ideal solution but I am now level or within 1/4" depending on the day and fuel load. My lean was present when I was all stock with 80,000 miles on the truck and got noticeably worse after installing a lift. Been driving with the springs swapped for over 8,000 miles and all is good.

I have found that tinkering with the rear suspension like with spacers (trim packers) impacts the front height. Like increasing the rear driver spring height in turn lowers the front passenger height in relation to front driver side.

Maybe I can use this as an excuse for a nice long weekend trip! Thanks for the info.
To add fuel to the excuse, while on the way to Vermont you could stop by Rhode Island and drive mine as well. Heck, I expect you could line up test drives enroute for just about every lift out there. To sweeten the appeal, I have running boards and the old springs, shocks, and UCAs that you can cart off with you too. 😂

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom