Lift height question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi Fellas,

I was wondering what the "normal" height from a 21/2 inch lift on a 60 is? Let me be clearer.... What should the measurement from the axle to the axle stops be?

I measure 6 inches rear, and 3 inches front - suspension has 6000 km on it. Just wondreing if I need to add another leaf to the front? The truck does have a very noticable cant forward.

I thought the same thing about the cant forward. But then someone reminded me that its like that so when you loader up it sits level. Otherwise you would be droppy on the back. Post a side view of your truck on level ground. Then we can see if its leaner to far forward.

I have no idea what stock dist would be on a 60. my stock springs were FUBAR. when I put on the 2.5 lift bds springs I went up intially 6-7 inches. Steering was way off!! then after a couple thou km's it settled and steering was off in the opposite direction. I am still doing minor adjustments to my relay rods to get the steering wheel straight.

I think a little nose down is fine.

How is it when you are loaded up for a trip, with the boat on the back as well. I would suggest doing this first, then make your adjustments.

hth's

gb

Apparently the stock measurement from the centre of the hub to the bottom of the fenders on a 60 is 19" front and 18" rear.

how much weight do you carry in the rear?
if less than 1000 lbs on a regular bassis then pull 2 leaves out of the rear and it will ride nice and look clean...
just an opinion
cheers

remove the 2nd and 4th or is it the 3rd and 5th... the ones that do not have the wraps rivited on...
clear as mud?
cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom