Lift for 100 series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all.

Several years ago, I owned 3 100's. 98 - 99. Loved them and all I did/ever needed to do was get a frt diff drop and add stiffer torsion arms. Leveled it out, through some 1 size bigger tires and I was good to go.

Any better/cost effective solutions? I don't need nor want an off road set up and I will do everything myself.

Just a leveling and some bigger rubber.

I will be getting an 04 on Tuesday.

Thanks all.

Jason

If you're going to solely be on the road and running less than 33" then I'd leave well enough alone. You can raise the front a little, but the 100 wants to have 1" of rake or it starts wandering under weight transfer (power). No diff drop required for that little of change.

If you want the lifted look, you can purchase some 30MM spacers for the rear, and crank the torsion bars. That will net you a 1.5" lift. 100's do not like being level. It makes the steering very twitchy on the highway.

Hey old timer, welcome back :flipoff2:

I would say leave it alone too but you already know what you want. You are just asking if there is a cheaper way to go about it.

I don't think you need the diff drop for a 1" lift. The CVs do fine at that angle. The boots might spew a little grease. Many have found using smooth edged hose clamps to do a better job of retaining the grease. (search PFRAN hose clamps but also available at McMaster-Carr, West Marine, etc.)

I don't feel you need to change the t-bars either for 1" of lift/no added weight... but I do think 1" rake is good advice.

So,

Hose clamps $15-20
20-30mm rear spring spacer $30-40
Crank T-bar $0
Remove running boards $0

32" tires.... done.

^^^^ yep. Man-a-fre has the spacers in the 80 series section. $20 each (2 needed) plus a raping for shipping and your in business. I run both my hundreds this way, and crank t-bars to match.

Hey old timer, welcome back :flipoff2:

I would say leave it alone too but you already know what you want. You are just asking if there is a cheaper way to go about it.

I don't think you need the diff drop for a 1" lift. The CVs do fine at that angle. The boots might spew a little grease. Many have found using smooth edged hose clamps to do a better job of retaining the grease. (search PFRAN hose clamps but also available at McMaster-Carr, West Marine, etc.)

I don't feel you need to change the t-bars either for 1" of lift/no added weight... but I do think 1" rake is good advice.

So,

Hose clamps $15-20
20-30mm rear spring spacer $30-40
Crank T-bar $0
Remove running boards $0

32" tires.... done.
Hey hoser..back at ya man. How are you?

This all sounds good..

Funny though.. I did not think 2 times about raking the other 3 100's I had and I never felt an issue driving. Mine were all pretty level.

But I follow.

So, crank the stock bars. I know at the time (and again this was years ago) no one knew if the stock bars would stand the increased tension. I guess it has been proven to do so.

And spacers...easy fix.

Thanks all. I appreciate it.

^^^^ yep. Man-a-fre has the spacers in the 80 series section. $20 each (2 needed) plus a raping for shipping and your in business. I run both my hundreds this way, and crank t-bars to match.

Works well while wheeling with OEM shocks?

Thanks!

Sure does. Until you go much longer rear springs and aftermarket upper control arms in front, a "lift" on a 100 simply changes the neutral point within the stock travel range. In fact OME 865 springs are shorter than stock, and OME rear shocks are only incrementally longer extended than OEM. Like less than an inch...

Last edited:
Thanks all for the suggestions.

Looking forward to another cruiser. My others were bullet proof.

Works fine on OEM shocks. I rode around for a while like that.

Agree, that's how I'm set now (30mm + 10mm spacers). Actually works better than I expected.

However, after adding drawers and the RTT when loaded up for a trip the back was sagging out pretty bad and felt stupid soft at speed or on the trail so I have some 866's I picked up cheap from another member that will go on very soon.

When I got my 100 I leveled out the front about .75" (now it squeeks...). I haven't added spacers in the rear yet but I did throw some 33's on there and couldn't be happier. I have noticed the lack of rake issue personally. If I hit the skinny hard it likes to wander like it's gonna do a wheelie (as if). I'll be looking to add the spacers in the rear at some point to add some rake back in, but overall if you don't want a full on lift, this seems like the easiest way to go and I really can't complain about handling issues in normal driving conditions. It's probably best to lay off the hard launches anyway...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom