Lift complete on 2nd Gen Sequoia w/ 35" tires (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
lift complete sequoia..jpg

Damn, your Sequoia looks sweet! How are you liking the Dobisons? Im planning on doing that lift but was only going to go 275/70-18's (33's). What size are your 35's? Did you have to trim much to get them to clear?

That IS sweet. Always liked Sequoia’s but had no reason to buy one.

Phil, that looks great. should have no problem pulling your rig to Logans run...see you in a few weeks....hopefully

35s look normal on this beast

Can you give us some more details on this life/tire combo? I'm about to purchase a 2015 Sequoia Limited 4x4 and am wanting to do the Dobinsons lift and BFG tire combo as pictured above. I love the way the BFGs look on this rig. Looks mean! What size are the tires and did they rub? Can you post any more pictures of the set up?

Is there a better thread for me to ask these questions? I just recently joined (today) so I can ask these questions. Please point me in the right direction.

Call Mike at Dobisons. The lift is about 2 inches and the tires are 35x12.50x20 with no spacers. I do get a little rub on the upper control arm when turning at full wheel lock. Normal turning and driving no rub at all. The ride is great and handlea well on and off road. This isn't a Rock Crawler, just my tow rig.
20191012_105237.jpg

Call Mike at Dobisons. The lift is about 2 inches and the tires are 35x12.50x20 with no spacers. I do get a little rub on the upper control arm when turning at full wheel lock. Normal turning and driving no rub at all. The ride is great and handlea well on and off road. This isn't a Rock Crawler, just my tow rig. View attachment 2124055
few questions as ive been led in 1000 different directions...
1. 35x12.50 will mount to the OEM 8in platinum wheel. you did stick with the 12.50's? youre the first person ive seen try it and not size down to 11.8 or 12.0.
2. in your first pic you have the stock bumper, second pic an after market bumper. did you have to swap bumpers or was this your decision for aesthetics?
3. If you know, would a 2in level kit (strut spacer) from Fat Bobs Garage achieve the same amount of lift as your 1.75 from the dobison kit? assuming it does would you think the 35x12.50 on the OEM 20 platinum wheel have similar characteristics with little rubbing at full lock? without 1in wheel spacers... or would this need to be considered.

side note: i know strut spacers are the cheap way of lifting however this is a 2wd pavement queen that will see zero off roading. this is for looks only. i want the wifes rig to look cooler...she does too so shes a keeper, lol

Thanks in advance and i hope this helps some other 2nd gen seqouia owner n the future.

Nick

few questions as ive been led in 1000 different directions...
1. 35x12.50 will mount to the OEM 8in platinum wheel. you did stick with the 12.50's? youre the first person ive seen try it and not size down to 11.8 or 12.0.
2. in your first pic you have the stock bumper, second pic an after market bumper. did you have to swap bumpers or was this your decision for aesthetics?
3. If you know, would a 2in level kit (strut spacer) from Fat Bobs Garage achieve the same amount of lift as your 1.75 from the dobison kit? assuming it does would you think the 35x12.50 on the OEM 20 platinum wheel have similar characteristics with little rubbing at full lock? without 1in wheel spacers... or would this need to be considered.

side note: i know strut spacers are the cheap way of lifting however this is a 2wd pavement queen that will see zero off roading. this is for looks only. i want the wifes rig to look cooler...she does too so shes a keeper, lol

Thanks in advance and i hope this helps some other 2nd gen seqouia owner n the future.

Nick
I added the bumper because I like ARB products and the look. Not too many like it out there so it makes it unique. I am updating the tires again to a 315x60x20 which is 35.1 tall verses the 35x12.50.20 which is 34.9. I hope they will clear the control arms like the 35's, but if not than I will upgrade the wheels to a different offst/backspacing to help the rubbing issue. Really dont want to run spacers if I can help it.

Update...the 315-60-20 did not fit. They rub the upper control arm. I was going to get new wheels, but I am thinking of going with a AT tire instead this time. The 35's I was running have been discontinued and the new replacement is hard to find. That is why I went with a 315. A 295x65x20 is still a 35 so I could try them or just wait for the 35 to come out and hope it fits. Not aure if chqnging the upper control arms would be enough to clear, so that is another option.

New wheels at +35 to +45 should clear the uca, or spacers should help the stock wheels clear but to much you might start rubbing elsewhere.

This looks to proportionally perfect it is making me question if I need to continue my search for 17 or 18" wheels...
Spectacular

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom