License plate relocation bracket help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’m looking for recommendations for a license relocation bracket. I have one on my 80 and was custom made by I guy on mud but can’t remember who cause it’s been so long

So for my 100 I’m doing arb rear swing out bumper WITHOUT the basket so all I’m wanting to do is move the license plate over to the max in the same area.

Pic is from the web for references but want the Lexus tag moved left about 5-6 inches

C739DA0A-0E62-4F9D-B5AA-57F2CC076485.jpeg

I had something like that on my 80 series, that came with my Kaymar rear bumper.

The best way to describe it would be a piece of sheet metal, formed into a C-channel, with a bit cut off to access the original license plate screws.

Something like this might work. The holes that the plate would attach to would be threaded, but the holes that lined up with the OEM mounting holes would be thru holes. This would offset it by 3-1/2" but that could be adjusted by increasing the overall length and changing the hole placement. Just put some type of foam material between the bracket and body of the truck to prevent scratches

Relocation Bracket 1.jpg

Relocation Bracket 2.jpg

I used a Smittlybilt license relocation bracket for the spare tire area. Of course , I had to modify the hole pattern because no one else uses 5x150.
plate1.jpg

plate2.jpg

plate3.jpg

I just cut a piece of 1/8" steel in a small rectangle about 9" long. Drilled a hole about 1/2" in diameter that would fit over one of the studs holding the tire on the rear swingout., then drilled 2 small holes for the license plate bolts, secured it with a nut. painted it black, simple

Happen to have the part number for the 70 series tag light? Thanks

For those interested - Part number is 81276-90K02

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom