Lexus battery warranty? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have an 84 month OEM Lexus battery in my 2015 LX. It will not take a charge. Has anyone received credit on an exchange with the dealership? Wondering if I should just get one at the auto parts store.

its prorated. Had one replaced on my lx470. They ate half.

Last year when my 25 month old Toyota battery called it quits on my LC I Called the dealership and they said they would need to run diagnostics on the battery and it had to be in the car. I Didn’t want to hassle with that and waste time at the dealer. Picked up a Costco interstate type 27 for around $90. Better warranty through Costco and no need to bring the car in to warranty out a new battery if anything happens in the future. Much better option to use Costco.

If you are a Costco member, good advice above. If not, and the battery won't charge, you have a clear case for a prorated exchange at the Dealer. How old is the battery? If original, the prorated value won't be very much.

It is the OEM battery so around 5 yrs old. I read they will prorate 25%. Problem is I don’t have a Lexus dealer near me. Will Toyota honor it?

If they are only giving you a 25% credit it would he cheaper to skip a dealership and buy a new one at costco, walmart...etc. plus you'll save a bunch of your time that would be wasted waiting at the dealership.

I second costco, interstate battery, 3 year warranty. They don't test it, you return within 3 years, buy a new one at the same price as the old one and give you a new 3 year warranty.

Diagnostic requirements might depend on individual dealer. My friend had two toyota batteries go bad in his 4runner over about a 4 month period and they just let him bring in the bad one and take away a new one. Granted this is toyota not lexus.

Just found a sticker that says 7/18. Assume that is the battery born date? Will a Toyota dealer honor the Lexus battery warranty?

If you don’t have a Lexus dealer close by, pick up one at the local auto parts store. The prorated Lexus warranty isnt worth it... I think I ended paying 150 for a prorated Lexus battery, but I was already committed and the dealer is 5 minutes away.

It is pro-rated for 84 months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom