Lets see some pics of your FJ Cruisers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hot Springs Off Road Park
IMG_7095.JPG

Totally unrecognisable terrain here after devastating fires last summer. This is off Mormon Emmigrant Trail east of Sacramento, Ca. yesterday. Last year it was impossible to see the hills for all the trees.
tempImagesnL1XN.png
tempImage12trES.png
tempImageON2xfT.png

Too bad they only logged it after the fire. Hate to see Cali burn year after year.
We always see logging equipment every year but they can't take everything out. What will hurt is the aftermath of the winter heavy snow season; all the creeks will be filled with mud and the trails will suffer massive erosion and be completely different to drive next spring. I will go up after we get significant snowfall and post pics here.

Last edited:
Also, BMThiker, there were huge fires the season you visited Rubicon and it was difficult to live here because of the smoke. The State does allow logging in El Dorado NF, but if you have seen the acreage and terrain you will know how hard it is to get in. I buy a new Forest Service map every 2 years because the trails change almost annually, some are abandoned and new ones are cut for CalFire to get in. Its not an easy answer.
The Rubicon Trail is only 15 miles north of where I took these pics. Some of the Rubicon did burn last season. Only way to fight most of those fires is with aircraft.

Last edited:
Bought an 1996 FJZ80 Landcruiser this year, to share the stable with my 2008 FJ Cruiser. Adding the pics below in this forum after initial posts in 80 Tech forum.

FJ after Gobi Rack install - and before significant clear coat failure on the paint!
20160515_193112.jpg

Northeast end of Long Valley Caldera, below Glass Mountain and overlook of Long Valley and Upper Owens River.
20160627_113052.jpg

Elk hunting in SW Idaho, near Grasmere - north of Duck Valley Indian Reservation
20191216_121059.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom