Builds Let's Baseline my new to me 1993 Land Cruiser (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It looks like it’s in 80 series prison.

My later show is better.

It looks like it’s in 80 series prison.

My later show is better.
It feels kinda like prison. It started snowing today, and that means the plows and salt are coming. It felt good to put it away and save it some salty wear and tear, but it also feels a shame since it does really well in the snow.

ARB Air Locker and QPM project resumed

It has been a few months of unfulfilling winter here in MN. Plenty of salty roads and coldish temps, but no snow. A coupe of weeks ago I unpacked the cruiser at the garage stall and parked it in my driveway in hopes of "quickly" wrapping up the remaining wiring on the ARB air lockers. However, it has been a slow process moving forward. Lots of questions and researching and I'm still mid project.

Currently I have been integrating the ARB switch harness (for the air compressor and locker solenoids) and the very clean and nifty Wit's End factory locker harness. I decided sending USD to Wits End would save me some time which is always the hardest commodity for me.

One problem that has emerged is that I cannot find everything I need to do the work. This is what happens when you move halfway across North America. Somewhere in my life is a 1993 EWD supplemental book that describes exactly what pin is what color for my dash illumination switches. I can't find this resource anywhere.

One good bit about shoving in my Wits End QPM and driving it 1700 miles is that it showed me where there is some rubbing on a factory wiring harness. I wrapped up the braided section with some new electrical tape and it got a short section of plastic split loom to guard against the QPM edge. I'm hoping to wrap this up in the next couple of weeks so that I can move on to other Cruiser projects and get it into a shop to have my AC system worked on.

ARB Air Locker and QPM project resumed

It has been a few months of unfulfilling winter here in MN. Plenty of salty roads and coldish temps, but no snow. A coupe of weeks ago I unpacked the cruiser at the garage stall and parked it in my driveway in hopes of "quickly" wrapping up the remaining wiring on the ARB air lockers. However, it has been a slow process moving forward. Lots of questions and researching and I'm still mid project.

Currently I have been integrating the ARB switch harness (for the air compressor and locker solenoids) and the very clean and nifty Wit's End factory locker harness. I decided sending USD to Wits End would save me some time which is always the hardest commodity for me.

One problem that has emerged is that I cannot find everything I need to do the work. This is what happens when you move halfway across North America. Somewhere in my life is a 1993 EWD supplemental book that describes exactly what pin is what color for my dash illumination switches. I can't find this resource anywhere.

One good bit about shoving in my Wits End QPM and driving it 1700 miles is that it showed me where there is some rubbing on a factory wiring harness. I wrapped up the braided section with some new electrical tape and it got a short section of plastic split loom to guard against the QPM edge. I'm hoping to wrap this up in the next couple of weeks so that I can move on to other Cruiser projects and get it into a shop to have my AC system worked on.
Hey G, good seeing an update on here from you. Not that I can talk, @Broski

Don’t we have a EWD in the resources section you can download for freeeeeeeee?

How’s the house? Fam like it?

Hey G, good seeing an update on here from you. Not that I can talk, @Broski

Don’t we have a EWD in the resources section you can download for freeeeeeeee?

How’s the house? Fam like it?
Found the EWD! Love my physical paper copy. I have found the electronic ones great in a pinch, but I have very much enjoyed using the paper FSM and EWD supplement.

House is nice. Fam likes it. Garage has no allies. Its days are numbered.

You actually got products from Witt's End recently? You must be about the only person.

A wiring harness no less, that clearly states due to shortages this may take a really long time to make—expect delays.

I’m still a happy Wits end customer.

The wiring harness has a couple of minor issues, which I’ll illustrate in a future post..

You actually got products from Witt's End recently? You must be about the only person.

Yikes. That’s a bummer if you don’t have a QPM….

Yikes. That’s a bummer if you don’t have a QPM….
Man I just read this whole Wits end thread. What a s*** show. No longer comfortable being a fan boy. 😞

Man I just read this whole Wits end thread. What a s*** show. No longer comfortable being a fan boy. 😞
I'm still a huge fan of the products he designed... I just have to separate the business from the products in my mind.

I'm still a huge fan of the products he designed... I just have to separate the business from the products in my mind.
That’s where I’m at. I’ve enjoyed my experience working with that company, but the horror stories about turbo orders…😱

Let’s say I’m going to hold off buying that head gasket poster until the dust settles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom