LED tail lights (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I wonder if two of the clear strips have amber LEDs for the turn signals. I also wonder if they built in some resistors to keep the signals from from flashing too fast.

these look nice, i think i am going to spring for a pair.

I was looking at those ones and the solid red ones. I opted to go for the solid red ones, and I like em a lot! They are bright and look good! They do have the resistors built in. I can post pics after I get off work today.

Sent from my DROID X2 using IH8MUD

I was looking at those ones and the solid red ones. I opted to go for the solid red ones, and I like em a lot! They are bright and look good! They do have the resistors built in. I can post pics after I get off work today.

Sent from my DROID X2 using IH8MUD

Id love to see these all red ones, Do you have a link to where you got them?

I wonder if two of the clear strips have amber LEDs for the turn signals. I also wonder if they built in some resistors to keep the signals from from flashing too fast.

Not just flashing too fast - for any given LED you should really look up it's rated current, do the E(I*R) math, and shoot for maybe 75% of rated current if you want it to last. Assuming you have specs. But for most modern gallium arsenide LEDs 470 ohms seems to be in the ballpark for 12v.

The turn signal uses an amber bulb. They are nice and bright!

I got them off ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DEPO-91-92-...odel:Land+Cruiser&hash=item4848b9098e&vxp=mtr
2012-10-14_23-01-06_363[1].jpg
2012-10-14_23-01-24_553[1].jpg
2012-10-14_23-02-30_557[1].jpg

anybody ever seen these tail lights before? they are LED and i havent seen any other like them. just curious if anybody has any pictures of them installed, pictures of them in use, and general thoughts on them.

Thanks, Nick

http://www.ebay.com/itm/91-97-Land-...?forcev4exp=true&forceRpt=true#ht_5377wt_1105

I have these in my truck. They look great - don't have any pics at the moment but I'll get some this afternoon. Way brighter than stock and I think they update the truck a little bit aesthetically.

They don't come with LED reverse or signal bulbs (just regular incandescent amber signal bulbs - reverse are on you), so I bought these LED signal bulbs which required these resistors (1 per side) to prevent fast flashing.

Also, the CREE reverse lights from pfran are pretty astonishing.

edit: The amber bulbs are a bit cheaper on Amazon (free 2-day shipping if you have Prime). Also, I have the Anzo version, which I assume these are a copy of (?).

Last edited:
Found some pics of the striped LED taillights. I think I prefer the clear version...

DSC03780.jpg

DSC03781.jpg

DSC03778.jpg

DSC03779.jpg

Thanks everyone for all ur input, I wound up going with the clear led tail lights and 7w Cree led back up lights. I will post pics when they get here

Can't spend money on lift and tires yet so figured if buy some tail lights today too! Looking forward to install.

A decade later folks viewing this thread, some pics of circular LED bulbs w/ side + top illumination ordered on Amazon for reference:

: Left Incandescent: ____________________ :Right LED Bulb:

1156 Oxilam White "6000K, 3000 Lumens" for Signal & Reverse
Hazards on:
1666585355994.png
My reverse are missing reflectors though have t-slot provisions for some(?):
1666585404719.png

Illumination, LED on left:
1666585760079.png

1157 TomHasa Red "1600 Lumen" w/top lens for Running & Brake (Only running shown):
1666585614886.png

1156 Left & 1157 Right -- both fit snug into socket w/o clearancing:
1666585935464.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom