LED headlight bulb issues (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So got direct fitment LED headlight bulbs for both my low and high beams. They popped right in, plugged into the harness no sweat.

High beam works perfectly, but the low beam doesn't work at all. Also noticed that the turn signal/daytime running light also isn't working. Turn signal flasher works fine.

Removing the LED low beams and reinstalling the halogen stock bulbs everything works fine again. WTF? Are the low beam bulbs bad out of the box? Why would the running lights stop working?

Yup, didn't realize the plug on these aftermarket bulbs could go in either way. They're much brighter than the halogen bulbs, the high beams are ridiculous!

Which kit did you go with?

Bought them off Amazon, think all 4 bulbs cost me around $65. Bought VoRock 9005 HB3 8000LM (High Beam) and H11-H8-H9-H16's (Low Beam)

Last edited:
Any issues with FM radio interference?

Not sure, I never listen to FM radio. I don't see why it should tho

Not sure, I never listen to FM radio. I don't see why it should tho
Cheap or poorly built LEDs can generate stray radio emissions (RFI) that can affect radio reception or generate noise.

I love the light output of the LED's but my only beef with them is the cooler operating temperature in the headlight housing. I drive through blizzard conditions on a regular basis during the winter and the lenses don't get warm enough to melt any snow that sticks to them. This results in pulling over every twenty miles to scrape the lights clear again- kinda scary with 18 wheelers ripping by in the dark on the side of the interstate in bad visibility. I ended up going to a low beam Deauto HID direct fitment setup to solve the issue- ordering a set for my recently purchased GX today as well.

Interesting. Never thought about snow melt. It doesn't snow that much here near Reno.

I have had this happen, but I do see the LEDs heating up some. In heavy snow I have had build up. I like the idea of an HID or other warm bulb for lows.

Is there some sort of spray or coating for snow like that? The anti-fog treatment for my hockey visor works pretty great on the windshield...figure something like that might help the headlights as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom